Chapter 13

"Well, well, well."

Heather hastily pulls herself away from Peter, her cheeks flaming.

If Yondu tells Yalenchka about Peter and I, I'm dead.

"Quite the light show. Ain't this sweet, but you got some business to attend to
before all the nookie-nookie starts."

He gives Heather a look and Heather's cheeks flame even brighter.

This is payback for earlier, isn't it?

"Peter, you can't, Peter," Gamora begs Peter.

"You gotta reconsider this, Yondu," Peter says, holding the orb behind his back. "I don't know who you're selling this to, but the only way the universe can survive is if you give it to the Nova Corps."

"I may be as pretty as an angel," Yondu says, "but I sure as hell ain't one. Hand it over, son."

Peter sighs and hands the orb over. Yondu snatches it, signals for the ravagers to board the ship and walks off. Heather stares after him angrily.

"Yondu!" Peter calls out. "Do not open that orb. You know that, right? You've seen what it does to people."

Yondu smirks and the Guardians watch the ship leave with a look of resignation on their faces.

"He is gonna be so pissed when he realises I switched out the orb on him," Peter finally says.

Gamora and Heather perk up immediately.

He was gonna kill you, Peter," Gamora says wearily.

"I know, but he was about the only family I had," Peter replies.

Heather immediately grabs Peter's hand and pulls him to look at her.

"No, he wasn't."

Peter tugs Heather into his arms and hugs her tightly.

"I'm so glad you're okay," he murmurs into her ear.

She nods and gently pulls away.

"Now I've got to make sure Kleintje and Rocket are as well."

She hasn't seen Kleintje since they fell out of the sky. She isn't overly worried as there's a good chance he's hiding as ever since he reincarnated as baby Klein Heather made him swear to stay out danger. However, as he hasn't emerged yet he could be stuck somewhere.

"Kleintje?" she calls out.

She hears a small squeak and rushes towards the sound. Lodged behind a sheet of metal is Kleintje. She pulls the sheet away and he springs up into her waiting hands.

"You're okay!"

She smiles and nods her head in the direction of Rocket and Drax who are sitting together on raised piece of ground. In Rocket's paws is a slender twig, one of Groot's remains.

"Go tell him the good news."

Kleintje looks up at Heather shyly. She smiles warmly at him.

"Don't worry, I'll be right behind you, ready to translate."

Kleintje, determinedly, takes off running and Heather loosely follows, stopping around two metres away from Rocket and Drax.

"Rocket! Rocket!" Kleintje calls out.

Rocket looks up startled and looks even more so when he notices who it is who spoke. Kleintje leaps up to the top of the mound.

"Heather, what does the tiny tree want?" Drax asks.

Heather puts a finger to her lips and she notices that both Gamora and Peter have started watching the scene.

"Don't be sad!"

"I, I understand you," Rocket says softly.

Kleintje slows grows his arms out and wraps them around Rocket's paws and Groot's remains inside them.

"Keep it, put it in some soil and Groot will come back."

"What?!"

"Ever wondered why Klein is so small, Rocket? This —" Heather gestures around her — "is why."

A brilliant smile slowly reaches Rocket's face.

"Then let's get outta here then!" he says.

Drax, Peter and Gamora look confused.

"But my ship is busted," Peter says glumly.

Heather turns to try to cheer Peter up when she notices a small party of people approaching.

"I hope you and your entourage aren't here to arrest us, Corpsman Dey," she says eyeing the uniformed group warily.

"Quite the opposite actually, Irani Rael wants to see you."

The Guardians exchange glances.

"She wants to thank you," he clarifies.

•* ¨*•.¸¸♪•*¨*•.¸¸☆*・゚•。.•*¨*•♬✧

A freshly washed and dressed Heather reclines on the bed she's been given for the night. She's completely exhausted and is just about to turn off the overhead light to go to sleep when she hears a tentative knock.

"Who is it?" she calls out.

"It's me," Peter calls back.

A giddy feeling seizes hold of Heather and for a second she can't speak.

"I mean, it's me Peter."

I knew who you were, doofus.

"Come in!"

He shuffles in wearing his pajamas and his hair looks extremely fluffy.

"Denarian Dey said he wants to speak to you at nine o'clock tomorrow morning, if that's okay."

Feeling slightly disappointed, Heather nods. However, Peter doesn't leave, instead he keeps walking forward and sits at the edge of Heather's bed. She pulls herself up into a sitting position and crosses her legs.

"You were pretty awesome today, I mean not as awesome as me because I was—"

Heather cuts him off by planting her lips on his.

"You were pretty great," she murmurs against his lips.

"Yeah?" he asks, cupping her cheek with his hand to connect their lips again.

"But how hardcore was I," Heather exclaims, pulling away, "I mean I was still practically paralysed but I still managed to fend off one of the greatest threats of the galaxy!"

"You're such a tease," Peter says with a small smile.

"Oh yeah, we were doing something weren't we. I can't remember what though, I may need a reminder."

"Oh really?"

He swiftly pulls her close and as she's blinking in shock he kisses her.

"Remember now?"

". . . I was right, your hair is extremely fluffy."

•*¨*•.¸¸☆*・゚•*¨*•.¸¸☆*・゚•*¨*•.¸¸☆*・゚

A/N:

Yikes, it has been wayy to long since I last updated and I am so sorry. I don't know if I overdid the last part or not and left anyone reading gagging. Anyway a less happier Epilogue is coming up (hopefully soon) to rinse out the bile.