Epilogue

Heather wakes to the light of Xandarian sunlight on her face. She sighs in contentment and relishes in the warmth it brings. Where ever Heather goes from here she's certain that the sunlight will be what she misses most. A stifled snore brings Heather to her senses.

She rolls over and sees Peter slumbering beside her. They fell asleep almost immediately last night, so fast that they didn't even move to the other end of the bed and the pillows became foot rests.

Although she really doesn't want to leave Peter she has a meeting with Corpsman Dey soon. She silently gets up and changes. With a small peck to Peter's forehead she's gone.

A young woman stands right outside Heather's room.

"Ah, you're awake Miss Milano," she says.

Heather's eyes widen, "Heather is fine."

"Very well, Corpsman Dey is waiting for you."

Despite having longer legs and not wearing heels it is a struggle for Heather to keep up with the briskly walking woman.

"Do you know why I'm being brought in?" Heather asks.

"Yes, but I can't say."

What the hell is happening?

"We're here."

She opens a door, revealing a fairly empty conference room with a long white table taking up a large chunk of the space. Corpsman Dey sits at the seat left of the head of the table. In front of him is several documents.

"Good morning, Miss Mila—"

"Heather is fine. Is this an interrogation Corpsman Dey?"

"Please take a seat," he says, ignoring her question and gesturing to the seat opposite him.

The young woman rushes forward and pulls the chair out for Heather. She settles in to it and then the woman closes the door, sealing all three of them inside.

"What is this about Corpsman Dey?"

He sighs deeply and pushes forward a picture of a man. Heather picks it up and studies it. The man looks like he could be Terran. He has tan skin and slightly dark hair. Startling green eyes seem to stare at Heather through the ink. After several seconds she puts the photograph down.

"I have never seen that man before in my life."

"That is Wyku. He was one of the last Qhotons in existance and . . . he was your father."