Chapter 11: A Rival To Be A Friend

Y/N's POV

{Age: 17}

Location: Mistral

Okay, one more hour and it's time for my final match. Now what to do, maybe I should just walk around first.

Walking around, I saw two figures that reminded me of her.

Younger Brother: Hey sis! Can I get that teddy bear?

Big Sister: Why? You already have like tons of them?

Younger Brother: I just want to have more friends when I sleep!

Big Sister: Okay sure, but take care of him.

Younger Brother: I will!

The two of them then bought the teddy bear and walk away. I sigh in sadness and anger.

Y/N: (I'll make sure I avenge you.)

After a while of thinking about her and that guy, I started walking around again until I bumped into someone making me fall.

I rub my head and look at the person I bump into. It was a girl with red hair and a spartan outfit. Standing up, i went towards her and held out my hand which she took it and stand up.

Y/N: Sorry I bumped into you.

Pyrrha: Oh it's fine. Are you alright?

Y/N: (Physically? Yes. But my soul, emotions and mentality, I'm suffering.) Yeah I'm fine, how about you?

Pyrrha: I'm alright, say, you're Y/N right?

Y/N: Yes I am, why do you ask?

Pyrrha: You will be the one I'm battling later.

Y/N: Wait, are you Pyrrha Nikos the one that never lose in tournaments and the one that I will be battling and also the Pumpkin Pete's cereal mascot?

Pyrrha: Well yeah..... Though the cereal isn't as delicious as anyone thought.

We just stand there face to face until we both look away due to the fact that the atmosphere is getting awkward.

Pyrrha: Uh Y/N? How about we go and take a walk and hang out while we wait for our match?

Y/N: Yeah, that's a good idea.

We then walk around together and started talking about things that interests us and how Pyhrra is going to Beacon next year.

Y/N: Why are you going to Beacon when you're ready a good fighter?

Pyrrha: Well because I want to become a huntress obviously.

Y/N: Well it's a school for hunters after all, so good point. You know a year ago, I wanted to also enrol there because of someone I care for was going there before they pass away making me lost all my motivation to enrol there.

Pyrrha: Oh........ I'm sorry for your loss, by the way how old are you right now?

Y/N: I'm currently 17, so that makes you 16 right?

Pyrrha: Yeah just like t-

Host: The final match for the finals is about to start in 10 minutes. Combatants, will you please head to the battle field immediately.

Y/N: Well I guess our match is about to start, good luck because I might beat you.

Pyrrha: I'm not even dreaming of it, but good luck to both of us.

We then walk the opposite way and head to our positions in the battle field.

Y/N: You ready, Pyrrha?

Pyrrha: Ready as I can be!

Host: Are you ready fighters?

Both me and her prepared our weapons as we wait for the host to start.

Host: Ready. Begin!

We both charge at each other at fast speed making us in the center of the battle field with my sword and her spear clashing together making sparks.

Y/N: Not bad, but that won't be long.

I jumped back and switched with my pistols then started firing at her with my aura. She was able to dodge and block it and then started charging at me with her spear thrown at me and attacking with her shield instead.

Deflecting it with my bullets, I jumped as high as I can and switched with my sword again ready to hit her. When my sword was about to hit her, she then used her shield and blocked it before making a loud metal sound around the battle field.

We both jumped back and started running towards each other again clashing our weapons again and again. To be honest even though I'm holding back because I don't want to hurt her that far just depleting her aura, I'm having a hard time doing so because she is very skilled.

As I was about to hit her again with my sword, I saw her hand glow black from the corner of my eye then suddenly my attack didn't hit her. Jumping back again as I examine her, I then smirked.

Y/N: (Polarity, huh? Well I know one thing that they were worth nothing for.)

I put my sword on back and cracked my knuckles then teleported behind her before kicking her back, sending her far across the battle field.

Host: Incredible! After a while of dodging and blocking each other's attacks, Y/N has managed to deplete Pyrrha's aura to yellow!

The crowd cheers as Pyrrha stands up and prepared her spear before charging again. I transfered my in my right hand as I was about to punch her before she blocked it with her shield. Then I teleported around her, making her confused as to where I was then I appeared in front of her and punched her on the stomach, again sending her far.

I look at the large screen above us and saw her aura depleted from yellow to almost red. Just one more hit and it'll be done. I then started running at her at fast speed and continue to punch and kick her while she blocks and dodge my attacks.

When my leg was about to land on her, she blocked it with her shield and throw her spear at me, sending me few feet away then my aura status only slightly depleted. I throw her spear at her then started charging again and was about to blow my last attack.

But before that attack happen, my soul then began corrupting again. Making me lose all my focus and just feel pain. When my hand hit her spear, a very loud sound was made and a color of black and purple appeared before sending me and Pyrrha across the battle field and completely depleting our aura to none.

The whole crowd was silent from the scene but good thing the host spoke.

Host: I guess the match is a tie! Looks like the combatants gave all they've got but end up like this. Well I guess for the first time in many years, no one is the champion of the tournament. But congratulations to all of you.

After that people started leaving as Pyrrha walk towards me and lend me her hand to which I accepted it and stand up.

Pyrrha: Are you alright?

Y/N: Yeah..... I guess it happened again...

Pyrrha: What has happened?

Y/N: Huh? Oh, I guess I said it out loud. Don't worry that's just nothing. Well I'll be leaving now, let fate reunite us again.

I then teleported away leaving a confuse Pyrrha. I started walking on the sidewalks with my bangs covering my eyes as I look down and my teeth gritted. Then after a while tears started falling on my face, as raindrops started falling and the grey clouds covering the broken moon.

Y/N: Why am I like this?