chapter twelve

This is the pre-boarding announcement for flight nine B to Bucharest, Romania. If you have small children or require assistance, please begin boarding immediately. A woman says on a speaker.
"We can board in about ten minutes," Bucky said when the woman finished her announcement. You nod.
"So, while we're waiting, can I ask you a question?" You say; He looks at you, but before he can reply, you continue. "What's in Romania? Why are we going there?"
"I have a...blurry memory of my past. I'm going to Romania to try to remember as much as I can," He says.
"Oh," You look at your hands. "How much do you remember...about my father?" You ask.
"He's one of the only things that I know," He states. You can tell from the tone in his voice that he'd prefer not to talk about this particular subject. You sit in silence until he gently sets his hand on your shoulder.
"It's time to board," He says.
"Okay," You reply. You hadn't realized how long you had been sitting there.
He gets up and starts walking to a location unknown to you. You follow close behind without watching where you're going.

You find yourself on an airplane full of people setting their luggage in the compartments above them and finding their seats. This sight is new to you, not only because airplanes are different, but because you've never been on a plane that wasn't owned by S.H.I.E.L.D.
"I couldn't get us seats next to each other," Bucky says, looking at the numbers and letters on the seats.
"Okay," You say. "I'll see you in Romania," You say, turning your head as you walk back through the crowd of passengers. Your ticket says that your seat is 12G. You walk to the twelfth row and find your seat. Your seat is next to a window, and the seat next to you is empty. You hope that it'll stay empty during the flight. While waiting for the plane to take off, you look around at your surroundings. You notice people finding their seats, some pressing a screen in front of them. You look in front of you to see a black screen attached to the back of the seat in front of you. Other people seem interested in their screen, but your screen interests you only a little. You decide not to mess with it. You glance out the window to see people in bright vests. Some are driving vehicles with trailers of luggage, and others are walking around working on random jobs. You skim the plane, looking for Bucky so you know where he is. You find him in quite a few rows ahead in the aisle farthest from you.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. Welcome to flight number nine b to Bucharest, Romania. Flight duration is about five hours, and we expect a fairly smooth flight today. While the captain speaks, a green light flashes above your head, telling you to put on your seatbelt. You feel the plane slowly continue forward until it lifts up into the air. Once again, we thank you for choosing to fly with us today, and we hope you enjoy your flight.