Cappuccino with sugar.

First and last warning: This story contains the mention of drugs, alcohol and sèx. If you are uncomfortable with these topics or too young, you can leave now. : )

...

It was an early Saturday afternoon, staring at busy Londoners walking the street mending their way around the enormous stream of people. It made me think of how I had never felt anxious before when I was one of them. Looking from up top it looked like some anthill, which was quite disturbing thinking about it. Having a strong disliking towards ants, it made me feel giddy and not in a good way.

Temperature had barely dropped during the night, despite being bearable this morning. It felt as if from the moment I was to step out from the comfort of this building I was to walk right into a sauna. Never had I been one fond of the sun nor would one find me sunbathing on a towel near the beach, or any place for that matter. Maybe that will change, one day. The beach was a place to find women getting grilled by the burning heat while men ogled at them. Sometimes they were discreet but also... not so much, all while their wives were sat right by their side. It made me uncomfortable to a certain degree.

I had come to terms with the fact that I was not who I was five years ago, which was merely understandable. There was no denying in the matter I had always been conscious about how my looks were perceived by the public eye. Lingering eyes, would notice the melanin skin before anything, when they looked my way. Thereafter their eyes would fall onto the thicker thighs and smaller waist that made up the figure I had, and was desperate to feel comfortable in.

However those scrutinising stares would always remind me of how I looked different from them.

Growing up I had never cared much, though there had always been a part of me that did. As time passed by I had learned to gradually accept myself, the person that I am and where I had come from. I was getting there, slowly, steadily and surely.

"It's quite hot out, isn't?" The soft murmur of a sudden intruder rang through my ears disrupting my stray of thoughts, startling me. I choked on my drink, my airways straining. Coughing like a maniac, I tried my best to regain composure as tears sprung in my eyes that blurred my vision. My face was flustered a deep shade of red which would've been more noticeable if it weren't for the pigment in my skin.

"Are you alright?" If I wasn't nearing oxygen deprivation I would actually laugh at his stupid remark. Clearly I was far from alright while he just stood there doing nothing in particular.

"Well I am now, thanks for your concern." I said after composing myself, glaring at the water filled glass in front of me as if I were to blame it for what had just happened.

My job was quite boring and I was happy it were only temporary, an easy way to earn some additional cash during the summer holidays. It had been the last thing I could find was still available, despite being apprehensive I just went on with it, and ultimately I wasn't at all disappointed.

I had come to realise in this second week of working here that some people could be utter pigs, though I shouldn't be complaining all that much. This cleaning job wasn't such a hassle as to how I had first anticipated, which was good... in a way. The downside to it was time passing by fairly slowly since I always finished early, which was exactly the reason for me standing here.

"I haven't seen you here before?" He sounded unsure when the words tumbled from his lips. I hadn't gotten a good look out of him, but my eyes almost fell out of their sockets when I did. Handsome men had crossed my path lately, but this man in particular was all the more alluring, and specifically caught my attention.

I would almost go as far as say he took my breath away, which was quite ironic thinking about it. His eyes were forest green and very vibrant, full of life which made it hard to look away.  His eyes were enthralling, even more so was the colour, something I had never quite had the chance of witnessing before. Perhaps it was due the the fact that I had never paid much attention to someones eyes before, I don't know what it was about his.