Home visit.

The piercing bright lights in the auditorium weren't helping the bursting headache I woke up to. Constantly sniffing, I was highly disturbing everyone but there was not much they could do about it, neither could I. It made me realise weekend's actions weren't necessarily thought true and rendered me sick, again. Today's lecture about supersecondary structure made me regret even coming out of bed, where warm cozy linen awaited me.

Looking around, René had probably decided to sleep in as well since I couldn't see him anywhere and hadn't heard from him yet. Considering it was Monday, it was no surprise to me. I spotted two acquaintances of mine near the front of the lecture hall, whom were used to me sitting in the back since I had a tendency to arrive to class a negligible amount of minutes before it started. We sat together sometimes, or would have lunch together, however since they were close friends I had always felt slightly out of place.

I yawned tiredly, in desperate need for this hour to be over. My mind set on going home for the rest of the day and take some rest, since my headache was so intense that it made me feel nauseous. I zoned out as the professor continued, my eyes feeling heavy I was close to falling asleep if it weren't for my phone to deflect me from it.

Maximus
So this man from this other company at the other side of the table has been eyeing me up since the meeting started -.-

Me
Seems like he has eyes for you

Maximus
I rather it be you :)

The sudden stinging in my lip made me realise how hard I was biting it. Releasing it from between my teeth, the taste of metal indicated the presence of blood in my mouth. Rummaging around in my purse, I search for a water bottle that to my dismay I forgot to pack. Rereading his text, an unaccustomed feeling in my chest appeared that distracted me from replying.

Maximus
Are you free this afternoon ?

Me
Initially no, I've got lectures but I don't feel very well so I'm just going home after this one

Maximus
:( Get well soon x

Class wrapped up in a haste without my knowledge, seeing as the lecture hall was already half way emptied out. Packing up my book, I realised I hadn't even opened it this morning, meaning I didn't have any notes which could possibly turn into a problem. Descending the stairs, an annoyed sigh left my lips when I almost tripped. Reaching the bottom, Lara and Marie had already left which was a rather reoccurring situation. If I didn't ask to wait up, they would always leave without me. I really needed to step up my game and make some friends around here, either way I still needed my time alone.

...

A sigh of relief escaped my lungs when I saw the bench on our small porch appearing in my sight of view. My legs were tired, and the small hill I had to conquer on my way back drained the last energy I had. As days passed by I was dreading these thirty minutes I had to endure everyday to get to campus, but I had to suck it up. Even if I reached that point where I felt comfortable driving, my father's car was off limits as he needed it himself each morning. That and getting a car of my own, something we didn't have the money for left me with no other option, knowing no one lived close by who could pick me up.

Locking my bike I head inside to an empty house with my father out for work. I grabbed myself a mug, craving a steamy hot cup of chocolate milk in contrast to the cold autumn air. Leaves were falling down and laid in heaps in parks and sides of the street. The carpet it formed on the concrete I had always found mesemerzing, a spectacle of colours I could not get enough of. It was in a way similar to a field full of flowers, but despite many people claiming Spring to be their favourite season, autumn was by far mine.