XXIII // Prom

"Well, how does this dress look?" Luna asks Peter. They're at the mall, looking for a homecoming dress for Luna. The summer vacation is over and Luna decided to go back to school. The homecoming dance is going to be a masquerade ball.

"Everything looks good on you, sweetheart," Peter smiles and eyes the girl before him, "Although I did like that black dress the best."

Luna nods and heads back into the fitting room. She takes the black dress again and puts it on.

 She takes the black dress again and puts it on

Luna looks at herself in the mirror. Her hands travel to her stomach. You couldn't see it yet but the baby bump was coming. She had been pregnant again for 7 weeks now.

She steps out of the fitting room again and spins around on her feet.

"That's so hot," Is the only reaction Peter gives, making Luna smile widely.

"Then I'll take this one." Luna smiles.

After buying the dress, they also bought a pair of heels and a mask to match the dress.

Since Peter couldn't come, because he obviously wasn't in high school and it would be weird, Luna was going stag. Scott had Kira, and Stiles also has a date. Who the mystery girl was was still a guess for Scott and Luna, but it would be surprising, that's for sure.

~~~

Peter was on the couch watching a movie, stuffing his mouth full of popcorn in the meantime. He didn't hear Luna come in so she stood next to the couch.

Peter's eyes averted from the tv to Luna and his mouth fell open, popcorn fell from his mouth.

He stood up and let his eyes travel up and down his lover. Peter thought she looked beautiful in the dress.

Luna just stood there, smiling at Peter. Luna could say they were iconic: Peter was wearing sweatpants, a hoodie and his hair was still in it's bed shape from that morning, which was now almost 12 hours ago. Luna on the contrary, was wearing her elegant homecoming dress, a pair of black high heels and her hair was done beautifully.

Peter stepped closer to Luna and kissed her. "I'm so sorry I can't be there tonight, baby."

Luna caresses his cheek and smiles softly. "It's okay, I understand."

Peter nods and steps back. He takes the camera from the table and points it at Luna.

"O my God, Peter, do we really have to do this?" Luna chuckled and at that moment Peter took the photo. It was beautiful.