5: I like knives, let's do knives

OK so I'm trying something different  in this chapter, I feel like using another persons perspective will give better insight into what Lauren and Camz have been doing and found out in the last few chapters.
So a lot less mystery and I find narrating a fight from the outside better. ☺So basically heads up at some point, someone else will be our narrator. Thank you.

Camila tried to keep casualties to a minimum... Usually .

This was obviously hard to do considering her line of work but with proper discipline and the right level of incentive, she had found that killing was only an absolutely necessary act. Anybody who told you otherwise was just too lazy or just genuinely enjoyed taking lives.

Lauren Jauregui didn't seem to fit in either of those classes. From their slight interactions over the past week and the unforeseen altercation this morning, she knew Lauren was well trained enough to put several special ops teams to shame. In fact her fighting was even more fluid than Camilas so it wasn't that.

As for the enjoyment of the act itself, She might have called her a psycho to get her mad but Lauren was as far from crazy as you could get. She was precise, she was calculated... Cold. All attributes that made a person saner than was wise. The rage and unbridled anger stemmed from an unsettled sense of self-reliance and alienhood.
Camila understood
Camila could relate
When you thought 20 steps ahead of everyone around you, it became bothersome and irked you to care what happened to them. It wasn't complete detatchment obviously because that's when you started making dumb choices and ended up on a no fly list.
It was realizing that people couldn't be as important to you as they were to everyone else. Relationships were a challenge and enjoying them a luxury. Loving something took more energy than it was good for and hating something was just unwise.
So she knew Lauren wasn't enjoying the act in itself.

So she could not for the life of her figure out why the petite firecracker beside her had insisted on an escape route that required so much... blood.

Not theirs.
They were safe. As safe as you could be after storming in and out of a high security facility that stored nuclear code level secrets. She could only imagine the hell that would be raised if her superiors somehow found out she was involved. But that was a problem for another day; tommorow.

Right now Camila was very intrigued instead with the confusing creature before her.

1) Lauren was hot.
She knew from the grainy surveillance photos and the less than quality sighting through her sniper scope that she was pretty but seeing it in person?  A whole other story.
         The woman was catastrophically beautiful. A mixture of dark hues and tints.
Black brown pale
A dash of red lips. Sinfully red to the point of fatal distraction.
Every second she spent looking at those lips was a struggle against a forgotten sort of carnality.
Green. Changing green. Sometimes it was vibrant and deep like a uniform sea on a dark day. In other lights it was almost blue like a calm sky. Flecks of gold burnt here and there giving it a moving quality.

She was like changing colors. A living darkness.

2) She was smart.
Camila was prone to reading books of philosophy in her spare time. Not in the pretentious way some ppl did in a bid to sound smarter than they were by quoting obscure phrases in the middle of conversation.
She did it for more practical reasons. Some of those white guys actually had points to be made. Her favorite was Socrates. In another life Camila could imagine them being friends. Now Socrates was a guy who got it.
Once he went to the Oracle of Delphi and asked who the smartest person in the world was and she told him he was.
Now Socrates, the useful individual that he was knew with a certainty this wasn't true so he came to a conclusion. His state of mind was the wisest a person could attain by realizing that true wisdom comes from knowing no one is really wise.