1: The Question

Ty POV

Another day, another class, another hour of homework. Another Friday. One day closer to the end. I'm in Spanish class, sitting in the back so I don't have to answer any questions. I don't want to be here. But then again, nobody wants to be in the last class on a Friday, waiting for the bell to ring. I'm spacing out, but I don't care. It's an easy class.

I'm jolted out of my daydreams by a voice that I was actually daydreaming about.

"Hey, Ty, will you go to homecoming with me?" asks Aaron. I look up from the doodle of him I've been sketching out in my notebook and meet his eyes. They're slightly obscured by his blond curls falling over his face, but his piercing blue gaze goes straight to me. And poetry and stuff. His grin is infectious, and I crack a smile.

I'm trying to be cool, but I'm failing, laughing along with the rest of the class. Because people can't be gay anymore? But I'm "not," and Aaron is straighter than a lollipop stick. And damn, I would lick that.

Oh, don't mind me. I'm just the sarcastic rainbow in the furthest corner in the room, not working on whatever is going on in the class. I check the clock, and there are only 3 minutes left in class. A couple of other kids are already packing up, creating motion in the low roar of conversations.

I kept doodling, wasting time until class is over. The bell rings, and I am the last to leave the classroom. I wander through the emptying halls filled with escaping high schoolers, no real destination in mind. The school year began a few weeks ago, and I already don't want to be here. I don't have anywhere to be, and I don't want to go home to an empty house, so I end up at the vending machines, buying some random energy drink. I don't even want it; I want something to do with my life.

My thoughts drift back to when Aaron asked me out. If he wasn't joking, I would have said yes. I mean, it's not like I've had a crush on him for the last 6 years, and been his best friend for the last 8. You'd think he'd pick up on that after a while.

I don't plan on going to Homecoming anyway, but Aaron does. I was planning on staying home, getting pizza, and wasting another 7 hours of my life until Aaron crashes my house drunk and I end up housing him for the night, like the last two years. But I can't help but picture him in a tuxedo. He looks amazing in a suit, but a tux? He'd look fucking amazing.

I've been wandering aimlessly through the halls, and it takes me a moment to realize I've been staring at the same yellow wall for the last three minutes. I need to get out of this place of emptiness and depression.

I stop by my locker on my way to my car and pick up the stuff I need for my homework. The energy drink I bought but never opened is going to stay in there for Monday morning when I need it. I still don't want to go home, because that leaves me alone with nothing to do except think about Aaron.

Which is pretty pathetic because he'll never be serious.

Because he's straight and I'm gay.

Because I'll never say yes because he'll never be serious.

Because he'll never love me.

--------------------------------------------------

thanks for reading chapter one. hope you liked it. if not, i'm sorry. 

i will try to get chapter two up in a week or so, but i might not be able to, depending on my schedule and my classes.

anyway, come back for chapter 2 if you like. or not.

have fun in your own lives :)

-mishka