Prologue

"Okay, let me see if I understood." I said in a calm whisper like voice, if you heard it without context you could tell there were malice and sarcasm mixed with every word.

A seductive tone with a hint of an evil accent echoed through the silent room. Not that I had to put a lot of effort to put it in that way. It was second nature to me by now.

I silently gave a break with a silent yet vibrating sneer. Sound effects were my thing. With a side smile, I continued with the mind game, now crossing my legs and rising my chin, with an look of amusement, almost like a cat playing with their food.

"Not only I can't get in touch with them, but they are also forbidding me from going to the premiere?" I whispered with a playful tone, making sure that every breath I took, also took one of him. "Is this some kind of joke?" I asked with a slight laugh, the calm yet terrifying sarcastic voice had poison in every breathy word that came out of my mouth, and I made sure that every stop in between them dissected the man on the other side of the phone. It was, after all, my job.

Being the voice of Karma, the wide known villain, gave me some props to sound alluring yet terrifying at the same time.

" I'm sorry my dear. There's nothing I can do." He said quickly, like stealing the last piece of cake, as much as you wanted to hide it, there was always a hint of guilt in the voice. And being a professional at that, I always knew what role I was playing.

"Nothing?" I asked in sarcasm. Words so dry it could dehydrate one. "First you hire me, promising the world. Then you forbid me from seeing my co-workers, with the excuse that villains should never befriend the heroes or some lame excuse you made, and then you use my voice for silly commercials without my approval..." I said with a laugh at each of them, making every phrase hide a hint of pain. It should be felt, not heard.

" We gave you full commission for all of the commercials." He cut me, regretting right after.

I looked at my nails with amusement.

"After my agent threatened to sue you." I made a pause."And well, you couldn't afford to dirty your squeaky clean image. " I replied with even more sarcasm.

Staring at the undone nails, I laughed again. This time in amusement with myself. The ways I could get in to character was almost comical.

I looked at my stained baggy shirt and my half-empty coffee mug, carefully shaking the liquid, in circular movements. I sighed internally making sure not to let it out. I should be discussing this with a robe and a glass of wine, it would be a better fit for Karma because I mean, she would never go to battle with the tie-dye shirt I was wearing, with a blink of the eye I ignored it all and focused on my role.

"It was five million." He added quickly as if trying to compensate.

I took a deep breath away from the phone, he was playing games. And I would make sure he would lose. It has been an hour already, he should have noticed by now. He was not speaking with Rio anymore, but with the poisonous Karma, how foolish of him to think he has a chance in this discussion.

" You dare to put a price on my voice? On my image? On me?" I accused with a raspy angry voice, with an evil laughter at the end. It almost gave me chills from hearing myself.

" Now, John, you fire me, with no precedential, no excuses, not even a reason and in return for all my hard work, you decide to forbid me from the only thing I have ever asked from you. You deny me to get in touch with my fans? The people who supported me? The people who supported you? And you expect me not to get mad? " I asked still keeping my sarcastic tone, full of hidden emotion that showed in the moments I wanted them to, not pushing the blame on him, it was more like ridiculing him, making him see how stupid he was for his actions. Because real villains didn't throw all the blame on you, real villains made you put all the blame in yourself.