Chapter 3 (updated)

(Author's note: woah, I really started to write this in 2018. I decided I wanted to continue writing this silly fanfic, so here it is. I am updating all the previous (1-5) chapters, as I have improved my writing and wanted to show that. Keep in mind I started to write this way before season five, and the rest of the chapters will be written without season five being taken into account. Enjoy!)

~~~

We both turned around, and I saw him. Adrien? Chat Noir was Adrien? Since when?! They were so different. Adrien was so quiet and kind, almost scared to speak up for himself. But he still managed to be a kind and caring friend. Chat Noir was the complete opposite of that. He was loud, playful, always too flirty and making silly puns no matter the life or death situation. I studied Adrien; same green eyes, same blonde hair. Same posture and body build. It was stupid of me to not have noticed.

Adrien smiled brightly, I could still see nervousness on his face, but I could see he was somewhat relieved that his Ladybug was me. Why would he be relieved? I'm nothing special. "I never thought Ladybug was you, Marinette, but it makes so much sense now. You're always thinking about others and you're smart. Not to mention, those signature pigtails."

That last comment had made me blush as I self consciously put my hands on my pigtails. I didn't know what to say or do. I was at such a lost of words. My former crush, was my new crush? Does that even make sense? And which personality is the real Adrien? Is he the quiet dreamboat who goes along with anything, or is he the funny and cunning jokester who doesn't seem to care about anyone's opinion?

"A-Adrien, you've been Chat Noir all along?" My voice stumbled. I remembered back when Adrien and I first met, I could never talk to him. Anything I had ever said to him was a mess, and I always knew he probably thought I was weird. I hate this. Chat Noir could have been anyone and he had to be Adrien freaking Agreste.

As I got over my crush for Adrien, the speaking problem had stopped, but we never really talked after we started high school anyways. We moved on with our lives and were like strangers. However, I felt my speech problem attempting to surface again as I talked to Adrien. 

Adrien then sat down on a ledge and motioned me to sit with him. I obliged, keeping my distance from him.

"I always liked Ladybug, and it's funny. . . I didn't know she was always so close." Adrien laughed as he looked off towards the sky. He looked so lost in thought. I guess he wasn't expecting Ladybug to be Marinette Dupain-Chang. "No, like isn't the right word... I've always loved Ladybug. I love the girl under the mask, even if I didn't know her identity. Because despite that, I knew she was a hero and a kind person who would always help others. And even if I didn't know your name until this moment, I still knew your personality and who you are as a person. After all, how long have we been partners now?" He chuckled again, more to himself.

Adrien turned to me then, his face blushing and his green eyes starring at me like a curious cat. "You like me don't you?"

I felt my face once again grow a bright red. Was I always so obvious with my crush towards Adrien? Has he always known? How long has he known? Still, I shook my head at his question. "I-I did, in middle school. But I started... Not to anymore. I-It wasn't going anywhere and I wanted to move on. You didn't do anything wrong or anything--"

"What about Chat Noir?" he cut me off. Was Ladybug also that obvious about her affections towards Chat Noir?

I knew that the question would come. I didn't want to lie to him, but it made me embarrassed to say. I wasn't ready, and I wasn't expecting Chat Noir to be Adrien of all people.

I laughed nervously, still struggle to get out full sentences. "I-Isn't it funny? I stopped liking Adrien but started to like Chat Noir? E-Even though they're both the same person. . . H-How does that happen?"