twenty-six

I DONT REALLY CARE IF YOU CRYYYY

_____

TWENTY-SIX.

"Your face is so gorgeous, I could just nut right now."

Since the moment the four of them walked into the shop, the owner, Danielle Cohn AKA Miss Marilyn Monroe, has this crazy gleam that makes Johnny want to turn back and zoom as fast as he can.

Johnny's standing shyly behind Hayden, using Hayden as protection and a barrier between him and the diva shop owner.

Her pink-painted nails are digging into Annie's face as she holds her in her hands. "Just look at those cheekbones! And those big pretty eyes."

Those big pretty eyes of Annie's are staring in fear, and glancing at Hayden like she's silently pleading to be free from Danielle's grasps.

But, just as Hayden sighs and begins to step in, Danielle suddenly releases Annie and darts for the place where Dylan and Johnny stand.

Not today, Satan!

Johnny can't help it. It was some kind of instinct to shove Dylan forward into the waiting arms of the hyper, perky woman.

"Hey!" Dylan grunts as she falls into Danielle's hands.

Danielle squeezes and examines Dylan's face, fascinated by her beautiful features.

Hayden finally does step forward, grabbing Dylan out of Danielle's grip and drawing her back to safety.

"Dani, thanks for giving them the jobs." He gives a sweet smile, winking at her. "I really appreciate it."

Danielle nearly melts beneath the charming appearance of Hayden Summerall. This was basically how Hayden got them the job.

Something he likes to call; The Art of Seduction.

"Of course, love. I'd do anything for you." She blushes, smug smile on her lips.

Her gaze then turns to the three behind Hayden. "Besides, your three friends are doing me a favor. We'll definitely have a long line now that their beautiful faces are here."

Johnny gulps, now understanding what Mackenzie meant. He doesn't do well with big crowds, or people for that matter. It took him about a whole week to at least get comfortable with Annie, Dylan, and Hayden.

But, he's doing this regardless. He wants to feel like a man. He wants to be a stability and provider in Mackenzie's life.

So, he straightens his spine and puts his shoulders back, looking Miss Marilyn Monroe right in her eyes. "What do we need to do?"

Danielle points to Annie. "You! You'll be outside. I need you to use that smile and those eyes and those cheekbones to get customers in the door. Got it?"

Like a soldier, Annie nods and scampers back out of the building with a bright smile on her face.

Danielle then claps her hands. "Great. Now, let's see..." She glances between Johnny and Dylan. "I think... yes, you'll do."

She tugs on Johnny's sleeve and leads him over to the counter where expensive coffee machines line up in a row. "You're going to be my mysterious, cute barista. Okay? And then your short friend over there is going to be the hot-yet-adorable waitress."

Johnny nods in agreement. At least he didn't get the position where he'll have to talk to people. He mainly just has to take orders and make coffee, which doesn't seem too hard.

After sending Dylan off to put on a waitress's apron and get a serving tray, Danielle explains the process of working the machines to Johnny. He nods along, not totally understanding everything, but willing to do his best.

At the end, she introduces him to another barista.

"This is Nadia." Danielle says, gesturing to the sweet-faced girl with strawberry blonde hair.

Johnny stares at the pretty girl before him with wide eyes. Slightly panicking, he manages to croak out, "H-Hi. I'm Johnny." He gives a small smile.

He's not good with introductions. In fact, he wishes Mackenzie was here right now so she can hold his hand or something. Anything involving Mackenzie, would ease his nerves.

Nadia returns the smile. "Nice to meet you, Johnny. I'm excited to work with you!"

"Uh, y-yeah. Me too." He coughs, scratching the back of his hair.

He then turns from his coworker and examines the shop.

This is it.

_____

END OF CHAPTER.

VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE!

A/N: school got me fucked up if they think imma follow the dress code😤 ALL IM TRYNNA DO IS MAKE THAT CASH AND STRIP🗿