a n a

ana
(n.) a collection of anecdotes

Before you read any further: Content warning for mental illness! So, no pressure — proceed with caution — take care of yourself :)

I'm so nervous about posting this. 😅 Talking about eating disorders online isn't new to me, it's no secret. But 1) this format is something totally out of my comfort zone (and skillset), and 2) tackling mental illness can be tricky.

Most of this is just a sad attempt to explain the unexplainable: What it's like inside our heads sometimes. I want to cover everything: The descent, the madness, and the resurrection. And I want to stress, I am recovered!! So while some sections may feel hopeless, the point is that even when I felt trapped, like there was no way out, I still found one. It is possible!

With that said, National Eating Disorders Awareness Week is coming up (Feb. 25 - March 3). The National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA) supports people and families affected by eating disorders, and NEDAwareness aims to bring people together to share, discuss, and bring...well, awareness to eating disorders. You can check out their website at nationaleatingdisorders.org or call their helpline at (800) 931-2237.

And remember, your body is more capable than you will ever know. Nothing is impossible, even a happy ending.

Also heads up for suuuper short chapters and a weird format so if that's not your thing feel free to peace out! 🙃