2 - Nightmares

I SIT ON THE CHAIR BEHIND LIAM'S SEAT, PLAYING WITH THE CURLS IN MY HAIR. "If the League was protecting us from the tracer that was shooting at us, what makes them so bad?" Ruby questions, I roll my eyes, she was doing a horrible job at being a green.

    "Well the enemy of my enemy is my friend-" Chubs lets out a huffy laugh, "Yeah like that ever works." he shakes his head and looks down at the paper he was working on with Zu.

    "The woman that I met risked a lot to get me out. She seemed okay." Ruby says, which it was true. Kate was one of the good ones. Rob was a bit harsher, maybe because he was assigned to me.

    Liam lets out a harsh breath "Some shady lady kidnaps you and you think it's alright?" Liam says, I roll my eyes at that because he didn't even know Kate.

    I close my head as I lean my head on my arm. "You were hanging with the wrong people. Like did she lure with candy from the back of a panel van or something?" Chubs asks, very sarcastic but serious. They really didn't like the league. The league was bad, but it also wasn't black and white.

    "You weren't there." Ruby tells him seriously, "She said that the league wanted to help me and I ran away. What if I was wrong? What if they-" She chose now to second guess herself?

    But Liam exploded, "You don't want help from the league!" he yelled, he voice got quieter, not less harsh though, as he talked. He practically made me jump out of my seat, my eyes shot open. "Okay?" he was silent after that.

      Chubs cleared his throat, "Come on Zu it's time for math class

      Chubs cleared his throat, "Come on Zu it's time for math class.". He got up and I reached between the side of the van and Liam's seat, rubbing his arm slightly. He glanced at my hand, it was something I had always done for my students whenever they had gotten yelled at by Rob. Sometimes they just needed a human connection, a touch when things got rough.

    I didn't know how else to comfort someone. I take my hand away, leaning on it again as I shut my eyes once again but I heard him tell Ruby "Listen my brother joined the League first and he's always right so I joined too. They just made us so many promises. Taught us how to use our powers at first, on little things like dummies, then they showed us how to break an arm." I remembered that. "I didn't sign up to be a soldier so I left.", I wish I had had that choice, "And i'll die before I go back." he states, my eyes peek open just slightly.

    "They're fighting a war." Ruby tells him, "Doesn't that require them to be strong?". She had a point but the stuff they made us do was something a kid shouldn't have to experience. They shouldn't save us just to have their own personal army.

    "Strong yeah? Cruel, reckless? No. Leave that to the government." Liam says, he knew what they did, almost as much as I did.

    Ruby denies that "There was nothing cruel about what she did. She rescued me, she saved my life.". Well obviously, how else would they get kids on their side to be weapons if they are all in the camps.