3 - Secrets

I WALK OUTSIDE, LOOKING AT THE MAP CHUBS HAD GIVEN ME TO PUT IN THE CAR. "Hey I haven't used in a map in awhile but-" I look up, seeing Liam and Ruby looking past me.

 "Hey I haven't used in a map in awhile but-" I look up, seeing Liam and Ruby looking past me

I look and see two tracers, the female tugging at the taser on the left side of her leg. Liam and Ruby couldn't see because her left leg was blocked by the man in front of her. I drop the map, boosting myself as my eyes glow blue. But suddenly I was suspended in the air and I wasn't the one doing it. I watch the two get in their car and leave, I was pulled back and set down by Liam.

His eyes stopped glowing but mine did not. I forced him against the car, my hand close to his chest as I leave him about a foot off the air. "Why'd you stop me? They know what car we are in, they know what we look like! What if Zu or Chubs was out here?" I shout at him, before dropping him and I go back, using my power to shove the map towards him.

I go back into the hotel room, going to slam the door but it never hits it. I feel myself stop, I turn to Liam. "Zu, Chubs get the van ready please." Liam tells them, they hurry to leave.

    "Liam let me go." I glare at him, my lip curling as I feel him holding me in place without ever putting a hand on me.

    He shakes his head "You know I don't get you. You act like you have the world on your shoulders, like you're some kind of monster that's afraid of getting close to people. But last night, you show me you're not." He gestured to the floor, the spot where we had slept. "You haven't told us anything about you and you act like everything's a joke or that you're alone." He points to me, his eyes glowing blue.

    I look away, crossing my arms as he yells at me. "One minute you're running away so you don't have to hurt anyone and then you're attacking tracers. And you're asking me 'what if Chubs or Zu were out there?'. Seriously? How'd you even jump like that?" his voice slowly got quieter, and I try to blink away the tears that were appearing.

    I still hated getting yelled at, something that has been with me since I was little. I barely survived the camps, it toughened me on the outside but when I was alone it was different.

But it was different with him, I felt like he was different, I sensed it. "Well since you care so much-" I stop, thinking about what I was about to admit.

I didn't care anymore, I was too tired "I trained for two years, I helped trained other kids to control their powers but not to kill, but defend. I wasn't allowed to leave the League after they taught me. I wasn't trained to break an arm, well I was, but I was trained to kill.".
My voice cracks as I keep going "I hated it. I hated myself. I was 15 I shouldn't know how to kill someone wearing bullet-proof vests!" I pause, taking a deep breath so I wouldn't start sobbing.

I continue shakily "So instead I taught myself to boost myself, because I didn't want to be here. I wanted to give them a chance to fight back, so I would be beat one day. But first I got the kids out, I'd waste my energy lifting them out of the camp when things went wrong, but I used too much energy and i'd pass out, the league would recover me after." I tell him, finally my eyes glowing blue as tears came out of my eyes.