Chapter 9

Alfie grunted angrily as he marched into his distillery. The small spark of explosion in the corner had him yelling at his men. Ollie had driven all the way to his home and tore him away from his day with Margaret. Urgent business apparently. Ollie trailed behind his angered boss who stormed into his office like a fuming bull. Alfie once in his office removed his gun from the back of his trousers waist band and slammed it on his desk.

"What's so important, Ollie?" Alfie growled as he grumpily sat on his chair.

"Darby Sabini." Ollie muttered.

"What that fuck does that wop want?" He snarled as he tugged open his desk drawer where another gun was and he grabbed the bottle of whiskey. "And by the way, he's not that important."

"He wants to see you."

The fury in his eyes scared Ollie. His mood has been sour since they left his manor and it got worse the further they were away. Ollie knew it's because he disturbed him when he was with Margaret. The very beautiful woman his boss spent most of his time nowadays with.

"Do you know what it's about Alfie?" Ollie asked fiddling with the pen in his hand.

"I know what it's about, lad. I know." Alfie said as he slammed the drawer shut and his hand came up to rub his face. "It's about the Eden Club and all the other places the Peaky's took ."

"Alf-

"Go prepare the table. Go get some bread from the bakery." Alfie commanded calmly as he fixed his hat on his head. "This fucking wop is coming today."

Sabini disturbed him, and he was in no mood to deal with his prideful ass today but business is business. Ollie went off to do as his boss commanded him.

Later that late afternoon, Alfie sat across Darby Sabini with his fucking groups of wops behind him in his distillery. Ollie sat beside his boss writing down what Alfie told him to write down. Sabini doesn't know how angry Alfie was besides the fact that he's siting in front of him asking him to betray Tommy Shelby.

"I know what I know, you know. If you don't know then you don't fucking know, do you?" Alfie spoke, his hands on his cane.

"Did you know they was going to take Wimbledon? Harringay? The trotting tracks?" Sabini asked containing himself from showing his annoyance to Alfie, who he knows would snap any moment.

Alfie glanced at Ollie who looked at Sabini with an unimpressed expression.

"Talk alright?" Alfie said, playing nice. "I genuinely want to hear you."

"You've lost control Alfie." The wop beside Sabini spoke up and Alfie's gaze snapped to him. That pissed him off.

"Have I?" Alfie growled.

"Everybody knows." Sabini added and Alfie's deadly gaze moved from Darby's consigliere to Darby himself.

Sabini was poking his pride.

"Talk to me, Alfie." Sabini jeered and Alfie's gaze hardened.

"Talk to you?" He scoffed and Alfie looked at him with such irritation that he could just go over and hit Sabini on the face, but he didn't.

"All right, I'll talk to you." Alfie mocked and shifted in his chair. "I'll fucking tell you how it was, right? What happened was this." Before going off.

"All the time you were talking about dirty fucking Jews. All the fucking time, dirty fucking Jews, dirty Kikes, dirty dustbin lids..."

"Everyone makes jokes." Sabini tried to interrupt but that didn't stop Alfie.