Chapter 3

I got out of my car and wandered up to the building. It was a nice, modern looking place that was 2 stories tall and had a lot of huge windows. I went inside and the mood changed quite a bit. Inside it looked very old, like a rustic tavern or inn. All in all, I have to say, it was a nice place. Then I had a look across to the bar, and saw the absolutely beautiful woman I was going to be dating tonight. I went over and introduced myself, as you do: "Hello, do you remember me? We met online." She said "Yes, of course I remember you. That's why I'm here." We talked for a bit just about things that had happened in our lives, then we sat down and ordered drinks.

"So do you come to places like this often?" she asked. I said "no, I need to look after my pet". "Oh you have a pet, what is it? I love animals" she said. I answered "it's an indoraptor." She found this very funny. "You're joking!? That sounds like some sort of dinosaur!" It took a while, but eventually I think I was able to convince her that, yes, I did have a pet dinosaur. We finished drinking and she asked "Hey, do you want to come to my place tonight?" I said that was fine, as I could use a break from Ripper as well. Besides, he knew how to make food and drinks for himself, and he had the xbox for entertainment. It'd be fine for one night.

We got back to her place and watched a film together. It was some shit romantic comedy but she liked it so I guess it was fine. Then we went to bed, and had some fun. She fell asleep after that and, with nothing else to do, I thought I'd try and sleep despite not really being that tired. I closed my eyes and, just as I was about to drop off to sleep, I heard the door creak open quietly. Use your best guess at who'd found his way here and snuck in to the house. I looked up and as you may have guessed, I saw Ripper stood at the door. I kept still so as not to startle him while I figured out a way of getting him out of the house quietly.

I should have moved and tried something quickly. Ripper walked to the side of the room where my date was sleeping. Quietly and carefully, he slipped his hands underneath her, picked her up, lifted her out of the bed, and put her on the floor. He then proceeded to climb in to the bed and snuggle up next to me. I went to climb out of the bed and motioned to Ripper to play dead. He complied, then flopped on to the bed in a lifeless position and made his breaths as small as possible. I got up and awoke my date, and made sure she didn't look at the bed as I escorted her out of the room and downstairs. When she asked me what had happened, I told her that she'd fallen out of the bed. I got her a glass of water, and sat there with her as she drank it. Then we heard a rumble from upstairs. "What was that?" She asked, startled. And I thought there was no point in hiding him any more.

I tried to tell her lightly: "Well, you know my pet dinosaur?" "Yes" she said. "He kinda snuck in our room. He upstairs now if you want to say hi". She started shaking so much that her water began to spill everywhere. I continued to talk, using a more comforting tone now: "He's fully trained, and won't harm you at all. He likes to do normal human things as well. I can get him to make you a cup of tea if it would help." She nodded uncomfortably and I said "okay, I'm going to go and get him now. Stay here, and try not to worry as much. Although he does look scary, he's very gentle and kind."

I walked upstairs and said "Ripper, follow me quietly". He walked down the stairs just behind me and I said "ok when we get in the next room, I will show you to the kitchen. I want you to make a cup of tea, then sit on the sofa." He couldn't speak English, but he'd gone and taught himself how to understand it. We went through to the living room and Ripper waved at my date. She looked up and was visibly worried. Ripper saw this, and dramatically pretended to fall over something to try and make her laugh. She gave a little chuckle and he smiled. Then he went out to make the tea and I said "see, he's not that bad".

After this we went back to bed and Ripper slept on the sofa. In the morning, my date and I exchanged phone numbers and I said "if you want to come around mine any time, just message or ring me". She said "okay" and with that, me and Ripper left to go home.