Chapter 4

When we got home, I told Ripper to go upstairs. Let's just say, he decided that wasn't happening. He just wanted to snuggle with me all the time. This was an odd behaviour, but I knew it had something to do with last night. He wanted all my attention. Oh- I haven't intorduced myself this whole time. My mistake, I'm Jacob. Basically I worry a lot and I love people. Normally I'm quite scared of having animals around, but Ripper is almost as intelligent as a 12 year old human child. So I feel safe with him. Also my date from last night, as it turns out, is called Lucy. Not "xxluce.246xx" like it says on her instagram profile (I made that up, so I apologise if that's actually someone's instagram account).

Ripper came running down the stairs and I jumped out of my seat. "Jesus Ripper, you scared the crap out of me!" I said. He smiled and then pointed out in to the kitchen. "Get it yourself, you're smarter than that" I said to him. He then frowned and went in the kitchen to get himself a drink. I knew he wanted a drink because I heard the tap go on, then water spraying everywhere. When I looked in the kitchen I saw Ripper with his face in the sink, trying to drink directly from the tap. After explaining to him that we use a cup to get water from the tap then we drink it, he got himself a glass and did that. He does know this, but I have to remind him from time to time.

A few minutes later, I heard my phone go off. I was so excited, and my excitement was not wasted. Lucy was calling. Ripper sat on the sofa and watched intently as I answered the call. "Hey, can I come over yours tonight?" she asked. "Yeah, sure" I replied. This was it, this was the night. Hopefully I could invite her to live with me and we could share a house. I knew I was going to love this, as I loved her. I was, however, dreading one thing: What if Ripper got jealous? Or worse, jealous enough that his natural animal instinct kicked in? As far as he knew, she'd be invading my territory. He did not like invaders. Like the time the landlords came to look around, and Ripper wouldn't stop growling at them. Or the time a good few years ago, when a postman narrowly avoided getting eaten because he stepped a little too close to the door. Ripper's a lot better than that now, but he does still have his instinct.