Chapter 6 - Love triangle.

The next day it was pouring down like hell.

Lyla and Mauritus got dropped off my Lyla's dad and he said...

"Bye girls, have a great day!"

"Bye, dad!" Lyla said.

"Bye Mr. Mathews," Mauritus said anxiously.

Now that she knows that Jacob likes her she needs to act the way she used to around him. And know she knows that Ryder likes her too. Great.

Throughout the day Lyla was trying to get Mauritus' mind off of it all. Lyla knew that it wasn't working so she told Crystal and she helped.

"Poor girl stuck in a love triangle." She said.

"Yeah. I want to do something to help her." Lyla said.

"Anyway class is starting soon, let's get going," Crystal said.

Class bell rings and lesson begin.

"Okay class," Ms. Addams said, "Some of you are changing seats today. Here is the new seating plan."

Ms. Addams read the new seating plan aloud and at the final change was...

"Crystal swap with Kyle who is sitting next to Lukas."

Crystal began to get scared but still went anyway.

Lyla and Kyle knew each other very well. They are currently neighbours and they were childhood best friends. They knew each other's strengths and weaknesses and they were like an unstoppable force as kids. Lyla's protected Kyle from the bullies and vice versa. But then Kyle moved to a different school so they didn't see each other much. Now they are back together to become the unstoppable force once again.

Kyle got out a paper and wrote,

"Hey."

Lyla wrote back,

"Hi. It's been a while hasn't it"

"Yeah, I was starting to think that you'd forgot about me..."

"Aww you know I could never forget about you."

"Well, it seemed like it."

Lyla chuckled. Quietly of course.

She looked back and saw Crystal's face. She was obviously scared.

"Ms. Addams?" Lyla said, "Can Crystal and I talk outside for a moment?"

"Sure, of course." She replied.

Now you must be wondering why she said yes. Ms. Addams and Lyla have one of those rare teacher-student relationships. Lyla can tell her anything and vice versa. Lyla was on Ms. Addams's good side and Ms. Addams was on Lyla's good side.

"Crystal, I can tell by the look on your face that you aren't comfortable," Lyla said.

"That's because I'm not!" She replied.

"How about after the lesson you tell Ms. Addams that you aren't comfortable with sitting next to Lukas. She will do something about it I'm sure."

After the lesson, Crystal went to go talk to Ms. Addams about the seating plan. She explained everything and Ms. Addams said,

"I'm really sorry Crystal, but considering your IQ you need to sit next to Lukas and sorta tutor him."

"Oh. Well, I guess tutoring doesn't harm anyone." Crystal said.

"Thank you for understanding." Ms. Addams said.

Crystal made a fake smile and walked out of the classroom. She wished that she didn't have to move in the first place. She wished that what happened didn't happen in the first place.

"So... what did she say?" Lyla asked.

"She said that I'm sitting next to Lukas so I can tutor him because my IQ is so high. That's probably why Kyle is sitting next to you." Crystal said.

"No, Kyle is really smart. He said that he wants to become a Forensic Scientist when he grows up."

"Okay..."