Chapter 29 - Death Never Gave Up

The next week, at Lyla's Funeral.

Lyla's grave was right next to her mother's. Lyla's gravestone read, "Lyla Mathews/Family Member, Friend and Will Always Be Remembered". The gravestone carvers forgot to add the dates on there.

Everyone Lyla ever knew was there. All her family, friends, even her Boss from work. Well everyone but that one person. Ryder Woodgate. But she wouldn't have cared less if he was there or not.

Lyla's brother, who was on crutches, began to speak.

"Lyla was my little sister. When we were little all we used to do was argue about everything, even the little things. And before I knew it, we were fighting for each other's lives. If it weren't for my little sister, I would be laying in a grave too. However, I don't believe for a second that she's dead. I will search to the ends of the Earth to find her, and I doubt that I'll be alone. She did so much to protect us and even sacrificed so much for us, and it's our turn to return this long-overdue favour. Thank You."

Sure everyone was hurt by the death of Lyla, but what really was quite weird was that no, it wasn't Lyla's family who were hurt most, but Kyle. Whatever Lyla did was for the benefit of everyone, so she let her guard down and allowed herself to be shot. 

But no-one knew this fact, but Kyle himself.