Part 7

It was already dark as we reached a planet called Geonosis where Jango Fett's ship just landed a few minutes ago. Obi Wan spots a small cave hidden in the dry landscape and he lands our ship nearby.

"It's already way to dark to see anything, I think it would be better to wait until next morning to explore the planet." Obi Wan says.

"I agree. I think we had enough surprises today, we obviously need to rest before braving another threat. Let's try to find something to set a fire on. It seems like the nights are very cold out there". I answer him while clenching my cloak closer to my body to prevent me from shivering. He nods and we both start walking to find some broken wood.

Half an hour later, we are both sitting around a fire in the small cave hiding us from unwanted visitors. It's still very cold and I'm still shivering.

"You know you can come closer to me if you are cold. I promise I won't bite" Obi Wan says jokingly, breaking the silence.

I get up without a word, and walk around the fire. I try to keep a safe distance between us as I sit down. He looks at me and sighs loudly before wrapping his arm around me, pulling me closer to him until my head lays on his chest.

"See? You're still alive." He adds with a smirk.

I have to admit that I immediately feel the warmth I was craving for.

"You know, for someone spending most of his free time with me, I don't know that much about you..." he tries to start the conversation.

"There not much to say. I already told you I was born on Naboo and spend my entire childhood with Padmé. My parents died when I was only fourteen and Padmé's parents took care of me. That's why we are so close, almost like sisters. She chose the political way which was a success as she became Queen a few years later and I chose to fight by myself."

I don't know why I'm even telling him this. The first thing I learned was to never give any private information to anyone. No one can be trusted. Even your friend could become an enemy and use these information against you. So, I decided to never give any detail even the smallest one to anyone, under any circumstances. It must be the closeness of our body's or the small fire sending a soothing warm my way or maybe the exhaustion or just all three together, but with Obi Wan I feel secure and I trusted him.

"Why did you choose to fight? Padmé was a Queen so, you could have helped her govern the planet?" he asks me, obviously not satisfied with the brief summary of my life.

"My parents didn't die by accident" I confess to him. "They were both Senators of Naboo and there was a conspiracy against the whole politicians. A lot of them were killed and my parents were one of them. The guards couldn't find out who threw the bomb sending an entire building on fire. I felt so helpless. I wanted to know the truth... to make him pay.... Thanks to my parents I already knew how to fight and protect myself. So, I decided to be the one investigating on the conspiracy." I take a pause to regain my composure. It's all history by now but the memory still hurts.

Obi Wan's voice brings me back to reality. "Did you find him?"

"Yes, I did. It was one of my parent's closest friend. He was at my mercy, pleading for me to spare his life. I felt all the rage boiling in my veins. I wanted to kill him just like he killed my parents, but I couldn't. Something was holding me back. I still don't know why but I chose to take him to the royal guards. After his trial, he was sent to jail for the rest of his life. After that, I felt like I had just accomplished something. My parent's death was still a bleeding wound but I felt like it was slowly starting to heal. That's why I continue to do these over and over again... helping people around the galaxy.... Padmé was always by my side, helping me whenever she could."

We were both deep in thoughts for a while, no one wanting to break the somehow peaceful silence. A few minutes later, I couldn't help myself but ask Obi Wan about his own story.

That's how I learned about the story of the Jedi sitting next to me. He tells me about his Jedi training as a youngling, the adventures with his Master as a Padawan and his Master's death, which seems to have affected him deeply. He also tells me about his happiness as well as his doubts at being Anakin's Master. I slightly lift my head up in order to get a better look at him as he continues to speak. As I listen to his deep voice telling me every detail of his story, I can't help but admire him. His dark blond hair is slightly tussled and his beard is tickling my forehead as he speaks. What I admired the most is definitely his eyes. His perfect blue eyes who were slightly twinkling at the memories he's sharing with me. At this very moment, I know. I know that I'm hopelessly in love with the Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi.

I fell asleep on his chest that night, feeling his strong arms around me giving me the secured feeling of a warm blanket as I'm listening to the soothing sound of his heartbeat. I'm already asleep as he bends down to kiss my forehead. "Goodnight my love, sleep well."