Part 10

I open my eyes only to be met by a bright shining light, causing me to blink a few times. I don't recognise this place. Everything is white and I'm lying in a bed in the middle of the room. I suddenly feel something holding my hand as I try to move. I turn my head to the right, causing my headache to hurt even more. I grumble closing my eyes, before opening them again. Padmé is sitting on a chair next to my bed. I'm in a hospital, probably on Coruscant. The battle is obviously over but I can't remember anything. My best friend is asleep, her head lying on my bed. She starts to stir as she slowly wakes up, lifting her head up and rubbing her eyes.

"Oh my God Y/N! You're awake!!" Padmé exclaims as she opens her eyes to look at me.

"I could tell the same for you" I chuckle.

"How are you feeling?" she asks taking my hand again. "The Doctor said you had a commotion but you should be okay".

"A little bit dizzy I guess. But I will definitely survive." I smile at her reassuringly. "How long have I been unconscious?"

"Barely two days. I stood by your side this whole time" she says proudly.

"Thank you" I look at her, squeezing her hand gently. "So, what did I miss?"

She tells me about the end of the battle on Geonosis and the clone army showing up. She also tells me about Obi Wan who run through the Arena to pick me up and rescue me. After that, the Master and his Padawan confronted the dark Lord Dooku.

"Obi Wan is alright except for a few scratchers on his arms and legs. Anakin on the other side wasn't so lucky. He lost his one arm in the process. There are building him a new metal arm as we speak." She ends her story with sadness in her eyes.

I sit up to hug her in comfort. "Go and find him. I know you are more than just friends and he needs you more than I do right now".

"Are you sure?" she asks still unsure.

"Of course, now go!"

She smiles brightly at me before kissing my cheek and leaving the room.

Twenty minutes later, I'm still laying in the bed with my eyes closed to stop my head from aching. I hear the sound of the door opening and I grin, my eyes still close.

"That was rather quick. How is Anakin?" I ask thinking Padmé was the one you came in.

"He's fine, with a brand-new arm" I pop my eyes open in shock at the sound of his voice. Obi Wan is standing next to my bed with his smirk plastered on his face.

"Hello Obi Wan, it's good to see you" I smile at him, sincerely happy. "Somebody told me you are the one I need to thank for not being left behind?" I add raising my eyebrow and grinning brightly at him.

He chuckles before answering "It seems your informer is quit the knowing one". He winks at me sending butterflies flying in my belly.

I ask him to sit down, suddenly becoming serious again, which he does, looking at me confused.

"I need to speak to you about something really important to me. It's not easy to say, so please hear me out before you say something." I tell him. He only nods in response, inviting me to follow.

"Obi Wan, I know this is the end of our little investigation teams. We are both going to take different paths again. Before you go, I just wanted to tell you something." I take a deep breath and the words slide from my mouth. "I love you." I really don't know where I found the courage to confess this to him. Maybe it's the thought of never see him again, or just the fact that the morphine is still present in my veins. I can't look up at him, to ashamed to see his reaction.

I hear him sighing deeply, rubbing his face in his hands.

"Wait, I'm not finished yet. I'm deeply in love with you Obi Wan and I know you are what seems like 'The perfect Jedi'" I smile to myself as I says these words "and that's partly why I fall in love with you in the first place. Your kind and courageous and I can only admire these qualities. But I'm not a fool. I know about the attachment rule. Jedis are not allowed to love and I couldn't leave with myself if it means fo you to lose everything you ever fight for during your whole life. I confessed my feelings for you because I wanted you to know that you can count on me no matter what. I trust you with my life and will be happy to sacrifice it for you."

I finally find the courage to look up at him. He looks straight at me emotionless. The only thing still alive are his eyes glinting with an emotion I can't quit describe.

After several minutes of silence, he finally seems to wake up from his meditation. He stands up to sit on the edge of my bed, taking my hand in the process.

"Y/N I'm so sorry." He starts apologising. "I tried to control myself during this whole time but the feeling inside me only grew bigger when I was around you. I know that a Jedi can't have such feelings. I thought that once this investigation was over, I would be able to control myself again. I could never have guessed that you were actually sharing these feelings. I know that I'm in love with you but I also know that I can't share this feeling with you, as the council would never aloud it. The fear to lose a loved one leads to the dark side and I already felt it on Geonosis. I can't risk this as it would only lead on me hurting you. If we try to start a relationship, we would need to hide from everyone, all the time, keeping everything secret and lying to every person we know. The last think I want is for you to suffer. You deserve a relationship with someone who can prove you his love on every passing second, and I'm not the one who can offer this to you."

He looks up at me with sadness in his eyes and I can feel that something is breaking inside him. I can't say anything in response. This moment just leads to a huge heartbreak for both of us. The love we share is so strong, that we choose to let the other one go instead of ruining his life. It's a mutual sacrifice.

"Just know that I always be there for you, whenever you need me." Obi Wan promises me, gently stroking my check with his thumb while I close my eyes leaning in the sweet sensation. He cups my face in both of his hands before putting one last kiss on my forehead. When I open my eyes again, he is already gone. Tears are falling down my cheeks and I want to scream as my heart is aching like never before.