I'm Not Dying Just Yet [Henry x Reader]

This one is a no brainer. Those who know me know that he is, like, my married spouse without knowing it! Henry is my favorite EVER! No matter what phase I go through, he is my boy. So let's write this first oneshot!

You smiled, walking around the camp that had just finished being set up. Every time the final tent is pitched up and everyone scatters to relax when no battles are being fought made you feel proud to be part of the Shepards. It made you feel confident and you feel like you can complete any other task Chrom or Robin gives you! In better words, seeing a child completed twsk like setting up camp makes you motivated to do something else.

So you were walking around, smiling and humming to yourself. What exactly were you doing? Looking for a task to do. Wasting time. Feeling motivated and productive. Maybe someone needs you to help carry books for them, count the inventory for the armory, anything thst needs to be done you just wanted to do it. You felt like you can tackle anything! Bring it on world, you were ready!

It looks like the world wasn't going easy on you. You see Henry tumbling into camp, optimistic smile on his face and blood wounds everywhere on his body. His fingertips could barely hold onto the tome in his hands and he had a dismembered risen arm in his hand. Okay, the risen hand was normal. But how the heck did her get hurt!? There were no enemies nearby last time the scouts checked! In a panic, you ran up to him. Oh god you need a healer!

"HENRY!!!!"

Henry was giggling to himself. The blood looked so pretty on his skin, but he could feel his body weakening the More it spilled out. Pretty things always come at a cost after all. Nyah ha! That's when, in his blurred vision, he saw you running towards him. He saw you pull out some bandages you had with you. Always carry a first aide kit. Yay! You were smart! He knew he was going to be taken care of now. He could sleep for a moment. He felt like he needed the rest.

You watched the white haired mage collapse to the floor, still giggling. His eyes were always shut so he needn't let his eyelids fall. You fall to your knees and take his arm. The one with his little momento, it was more cut up than his other arm. That tends to happen. Mages protect their tome hand more than their other arm. You take the gauze from the redneck first aide kit you had. Oh gods. Oh gods oh gods oh gods!

Time Skip.

Henry awoke, his eyes fluttering open. Yeah, his eyes opening. Big shocker! But when he first wakes up he needs at least a little light in his eyes! Otherwise he'd be dead! Ooh, maybe that's not so bad. He looks and sees himself tucked in a blanket in a cot. He was in a tent. He looked down and saw himself covered in bandages. He Saw a little red seeping through the gauze, it kinda made him smile. Blood was so cool. Then even more light entered the tent. Henry squinted his eyes, then shut them to his normal expression. He can still see, duh. How? Not even the author knows!

"Henry? Oh my goodness are you alright? I was so worried."

Relief flooded through your systems. Henry was alright. You thought you might have lost one of your most powerful mage allies. The camp would be devistated. There was no need for you to also talk about how emotionally distraught you would be if Henry died. You felt tears welding up and a smile forcefully took over your lips, which were quivering with the tears wanting to come. You didn't want him to die. You really didn't want him to die.

"I thought you were a goner."

Henry saw the tears leave your eyes. Wait, you would care if he was dead? Suddenly death didn't seem so cool anymore. He focused his gaze from the traces of blood on his bandages back to you. You grabbed a little chair and sat next to his cot. He watched you wipe your eyes and just smile. Your eyes seemed to be cast to the ground of the tent. Another tear falls. 

Henry frowns. He doesn't like seeing you sad. He doesn't like seeing anyone be sad! So he took his hand, covered in banadages gauze and blood, and took yours in it. He run hesrd a little gasp out of you and smiled again. Surprise to take the sadness away. He opened his eyes again, looking deep into your own. This had to be a treat. Barely anyone in this whole army gets to see his eye color! Too bad it's just an ugly brown. At least to Henry it was. He didn't know How mesmerized you were by his gorgeous eyes. It was worth the wait to see to you.

"Don't worry. I'm not dying just yet. Just a little injured. Nyah ha!"

He laughed it away holding your hand. His hand was as cold as death itself. You closed your eyes and smiled, encasing his hand with your second one. You simply nodded, choking back a sob. He wasn't dying on you. He said so. He wasn't going to die. He isn't going to die. Believe it damnit!

"Yeah, you aren't dying yet. I won't let you."

First one. Yay! Too bad it sucked. I'm sorry. Looks like I didn't really improve after all. I still just sucking write. Oops.

~Eva