A New Addition? [Shura x Reader]

Swiggity Swooty, he wants more than just your booty. Blame NdragonEyes yet again for this one. STORYTIME!!!

Shura sighed, leaning back in the rocking chair. It was old and made out of some old spruce from around the house. His joints we're  starting to ache. It may just start to rain soon again. That or his old wounds were acting up yet again. That war sure was something, but after King Garon was killed and Xander ascended to the Nohrian throne he and the remaining Hoshidan royals formed a treaty. Now he, a Nohrian soldier, can live on Hoshidan soil. Which also means...

"Darling? Did you call for me? I swear I heard someone call my name."

Shura looked over and saw his beloved spouse standing in the doorway with a puzzled, yet very cute, expression. You were in your normal, loingning clothes. You didn't care are if it wasn't what someone like you normally should wear to meet the eyes of society. You two moved deep in the woods of nuetral territory, where Mokushu once stood. It was your isolation, as well as being your home. Forever. 

"Hun, you know there's no one else here. Just us."

You purses your lips cutely. You swore you heard someone call for you. Must have been your mind playing tricks on you. You weren't Used to the quiet and simple ness of living away from everybody. But you were willing to be here if you were gonna be with your beloved husband Shura. You sighed and walked over to him, sitting down on the wooden porch next to the wooden chair, looking out to the thick wood. Not thicc wood. Platophiles in the audience. Sheesh.

"Well, I'm here now I will stay here. With you."

You reached for his hand on th arm of the old wooden rocking chair. Shura curled his fingers around yours, holding your hand by association. He smiled, relaxing back in his chair again. His joints relaxed and he felt perfectly fine again. It must have been the movement and pressure applied to his bones causing him to feel pain. That's all.

Shura looked out to th forest, exactly where you were looking. You were staring at a bird's nest in one of the trees. The mama bird was sitting in the nest, caring for her unborn babies. The father could be seen on the ground, looking for worms to feed his wife. She can't leave the nest after all. Her babies need warmth. Shura heard you sigh.

Shura looked over at you. You had sad eyes on the mama bird before casting your eyes to the floor. Shura paused. You've lived out here, alone, after the path of conquest for about seven years already. You've been married for a decade without a child. Did you want a child? Is that why you felt so down? He squeezed your hand, in turne causing you to look in his eyes.

"You're lonely, aren't you? You want a new addition to the house, right?"

You blinked and rose an eyebrow. Where was he leading at? Sure, you were a little lonesome and even after seven years still getting used to the fact you aren't surrounded by other people twenty four hours a day and seven days a week. But how? There isn't another couple or firend you can contact to move into the forest with you. You were so confused and oblivious. Shura just chuckled a breathy chuckle at your innocence.

"We could always have a child. If you want one. Hell, I will go to Hoshido myself and adopt a beautiful son or daughter for you if you so desire."

You blushed and jerked your gaze away from him and down to the wooden boards that made up the porch you sat on now. A child? With him? Sure, you didn't have to give birth. If you're male it's impossible. I made this one gender nuetral after all. The idea of raising a child, even if the year aren't your own, with Shura made your heart race. Could you handle it? We're you ready? You squeezed his hand hard out of nervousness, tears coming to your eyes.

"What if I'm a terrible parent!? What if I just disappoint the child!? What if-"

Shura scoffed, breaking you sway from your hurried speaking. Shura toon your hand in his, instead of just resting both on the arm of the chair. He entwined your fingers instead of your hand just wrapping around his. He squeezed you back reassuringly. Those ready eyes met his again. It broke his heart to see you in such a state, however he must see you liked this to cure you from it.

"If you aren't the best parent in the world I might as well be a thief again. You will do fine. I will only do what you want me to do, my love."

A tear falls from your eye on your soft cheek. You look down for a moment, making up your mind. Shura didn't budge. He was trying to gauge what was going through your head. When you eyes decided to meet his own again, he knew you made a decision. What that decision was? Well....

"Alright. Let's adopt a child."

860 Words. Wow this sucks. I'm sorry.

~Eva