Do it for Her [Silas x Reader]

Get the title Reference, then good. It's the video above the story. I freaking love Silas! He is my nuetral husbando! STORYTIME!

You walked in front of Silas, swords in both of your hands. After getting him assigned to your quadrant after a promotion from him it was your job to whip him into shape. After reading his documents and claims, you've noticed a a way to motivate him. Now that you can work with him one on one, it was time to see what this soldier's real potential is.

"I want you to remember something, the most important thing. Embed this in your mind."

Silas nodded, having a cold bead of sweat from his previous swordsmanship training with the rest of the batallion. He inhaled deeply, preparing himself for whatever the general commands. Whatever you command. So if you want him to memorize something he will learn it in his sleep and repeat it at two in the morning without fail after being awoken by an air horn 

"Everything you do is on your honor as a knight. Repeat."

Silas blinked. His honor as a knight? Woah, he doubted he was capable enough to be called a knight. He rubbed the back of his neck awakwardly, smiling also awkwardly. He looked and saw you unamused. He flick hed and went back into standings up straight And tall, just like a knight would do in the presence of a princess. In the presence of her. He repeated the words back to you.

"Everything I do is on my honor as a knight."

You nodded. Good. He can be obedient. Once he gets this crammed into his head, he will be ready as a knight. Not only a knight, however. You read he hopes to reunite with his childhood friend: Princess Corrin. He was the one who quote unquote "stole" her from the castle. He was charged with kidnapping but the princess herself ordered him free. He was doing so much to get back to her. You would make sure he was retainer worthy. But it's a shame. He's a really cute one too.

"Everything you do, you do it for her."

Silas blinked. Wait, you knew about that? He watched you just nod with a serious look on your face. He needed to repeat it. Sure, he would. But he was baffled on how you knew that everything he did was in the name of Princess Corrin? Who knows. Maybe you were there when he was about to be executed for the treason of kidnapping a princess. Right now, he needs to repeat your words so he can stay in your training, earn your trust, and become a better knight. If he deserves the title.

"Everything I do, I do it for her."

You nodded. Good. Very good. You just had one more thing to say. You got through the important ones he needs to know. His honor as a knight, his dedication to the person he is fighting for. Now here comes the big one. You inhaled, dying not to lose composure. This is the one that normally makes some break down. Some quit. Some argue. But you have to do it. Not because you're ordered too, but because you value every single life in your battalion. It may be cheesy, but you need to say it.

"You will value your own life just as you value everyone else's."

Silas froze. Over and over again he has been told that he doesn't matter and that he should give his life for the royals any day of the week. But here you were, one of the best commanders in all of Nohr, telling him to look out for himself. He looked deep in your eyes, relaxing his shoulders even just a little bit in disbeleif. He swear, he could see you faltering.

For some reason, every time you say this all the lives you've lost in war justness floods back to you. All the loss the emotions. You can't watch everyone's back at once. You need them to look after themselves as well as whoever they need to protect. Their kingdom, their royals, or even just one of their own. They should always look out for number one every once in a while. Everyone matters. Before the sobs got to your throat, you forced Silas to give you some reassurance. Reassurance you won't  lose another young knight with a load of potential like him.

"Repeat."

Silas inhaled, shaking his hands at his sides. Why did he feel so nervous saying that he'd watch out for himself? Was it because he knows he won't? Or Is it because one of his commanders finally cares if he dies trying or not? Either way, it's cruel and disrespectful Tom at least say the words. He rose is right hand and decided to reword it. He had a feeling you would appreciate it. He also had a feeling he was going to love training with you.

"I promise to not only watch out for my lords, ladies, kingdom, and fellow troops, but I also promise to look out for myself."

You smiled. Yeah, you needed that. You let go of that emotionless demeanor you normally have. You grab your practice sword, handing it to him. Silas catches it with ease. He has nice reflexes. Good, that's real good. 

Now, time to get him worthy of Princess Corrin!

886 Words. Not bad, but not good either. Ugh.

~Eva