~Chapter One~

Chapter Song

Bleeding Out – Imagine Dragons

_______________✏

Sitting on the edge of the bed Scarlett Rivera felt instantly smacked with a series of all too familiar feelings.

Disgust.

Shame.

Regret.

The cool dawn breeze swiftly entering the bedroom, goosebumps forming on the surface of her skin as her body involuntary shuddered. With her elbows firmly planted on her quads, the palms of her hands pressed against her face as she took in a series of agonisingly quiet deep full breaths. She had to be sure not to wake him, he was the last person she wanted to face and deal with right now.

This has to stop

She scolded herself internally, refusing to make a sound while gently moving from the bed towards the bedroom door grabbing her black satin robe from the floor turning back briefly once to check he hadn't moved before slipping out half dressed and barefoot downstairs.

Still a fücking prisoner in my own home...

This wasn't how she envisaged her life. This wasn't how it was supposed to be. She never exactly saw herself coming across a fancy home, living a life full of wealth, a fancy business woman in a flashy city like New York or LA.
However, at twenty-five she also didn't envisage still living in the same shĩtty town, getting caught up with the President of a motorcycle club and being divorced to said President.

Moving around her currently chaotic kitchen, she tried to keep her movements at bay searching for one of her hidden jöĩnts within her kitchen drawers. It was the only way she could get through these moments. Being forced to fück her ex husband and pretend to enjoy the despicable things he would do to her was one thing, but the next day always felt so much worse.
Realization would kick in. She could divorce him every single day for eternity, but he would still continue to come for her whenever he damn well pleased.
That realization was what would drive her towards drügs. Not the fact that he was just inside her, humiliating her, using her body for his own pleasures. But the fact that he would continue to do it to her without ever knowing when he would just quit and move on.

Scrapping the match stick against the side of the match box, she drew the flame towards the joint between her lips. Lighting her poison with a deep welcoming inhale while simultaneously shaking the stick, killing the flame quickly like he did her soul every time he turned up at her front door.

Keep it together Scarlett. Keep it together.

Flicking the match into the kitchen sink, she raised her right hand, her pointer and middle finger resting over the sides of her jöĩnt as she pulled it away from her lips briefly exhaling with a tremor throughout her body before hunching over the sink, her left hand gripping the edge as she silently tried to hold it together.

She wanted to scream, curse, storm back upstairs to yank open her bedside drawer and release her hand gun. The thought of blowing his brains out across her fancy Egyptian bed sheets with a thread count that was apparently to dĩȅ for.

Wouldn't that be ironic...?

Inhaling a little more of the high quality mȧrĩjuȧnȧ she pushed the thoughts out of her mind before she did something she most likely wouldn't regret, but wouldn't be able to explain in the court of law.