~Chapter Three~

Chapter Song

Sucker for Pain – Lil Wayne, Wiz Khalifa, Imagine Dragons, Ty Dolla $ign & Logic (featuring X Ambassadors)

_______________✏

Diesel was relieved to find Scarlett still outside the pharmacy after he had made his purchase. His cell phone had gone off with a message from one of his charter brothers letting him know Snake was found dead. Scarlett's only cousin in town.

"Jȅsüs fückĩng Chrĩst Scarlett!" Diesel called out to her feeling like absolute crȧp. "Why didn't you tell me about Snake?" His question a little more demanding than he had intended as she rose to her feet scooping up her bag with her. "I'm so sorry!" Even with their issues he never would have pressed her as far as he did just moments earlier had he have know.

"It's fine." She lied not making eye contact with him for the moment. "Don't need your pity."

"And you won't get it!" Diesel added quickly, "but you will get my condolences. Do you wanna go somewhere and get a coffee?"

"Huh?" Snapping her head up to now look him in the eye she stood before him confused. "Coffee?"

"Yeah Scar, the caffeinated beverage people frequently drink in the morning..."

"Don't you have whörȅs to fück?" She questioned rolling her eyes at his very suggestion.

"They'll be there when I get back." He stated back sure of himself. He certainly wasn't short of confidence.

Scarlett was dumbfounded. Here he was standing before her inviting her to share coffee together after being called a whörȅ all because he had driven by her place the night before discovering Hunter's presence once again!

"I'll pass Diesel." Finally giving him a response before turning her back to walk down the street with no particular destination in mind. Diesel also turning his back heading towards his Harley hearing the sound of another Harley blaring around the bend and rolling towards Scarlett but never completely coming to a stop. The engine still roaring in the still quiet streets.

"Hop on back Scarlett..." Gearhead called out to her rolling his motorcycle alongside her by the curb. "Hunter wants you at the club house."

"Excuse me?" Stopping briefly to look at him she made sure to fling her bag to the opposite side so he couldn't grab it to drag her along. She had to think of everything where Hunter was concerned.

"Club house, now." He repeated breaking it down for her as she stepped away from the edge of the curb.

"I don't think so!" She challenged back reaching into her bag to conspicuously grip her pepper spray. There was no way she was ready to face Hunter again, not after only a few hours.

"Don't make this a thing Scarlett, you know how he gets!"

"DIESEL!" She screamed throwing her head back towards his direction capturing his attention over the roars of both Harleys now. "HOW ABOUT THAT COFFEE?"

_______________✏

With her head slumped down in shame leaning over the worn and torn booth table top, Scarlett gripped her coffee mug tightly allowing the stinging heat to tingle through her hands without a care in the world if she were to develop third degree burns.

The embarassment was almost too much for her to handle. She wasn't reliant on men and scurrying back for Diesel's coffee proposal just to avoid being dragged away by Gearhead was not something she took lightly.