CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

╔═══════════════╗
Fate
Chapter Thirty-Three
╚═══════════════╝

                *☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ✫                  ┊         ┊       ✩                     ...

                ** ゜゚** ゜゚** ゜゚**

                  ˚ ˚

                   ✯

                          Charlie was nervously awaiting Paul, staring into the mirror. Payton and Nat were lounging on the bed behind her while Samantha ran her fingers through Charlie's freshly dried hair. Her curls began to rise, falling into her freshly beat face. "There's no need to be nervous, babe," Nat spoke out for the millionth time, peering up at her phone hanging high in the air. "He literally worships the ground you walk on." Payton cackled, hitting the blonde's shoulder. "Like how he told off those paps leaving the awards! I had never seen his face get so red!" Nat joined Payton's laughter, repeatedly slamming the palm of her hand against the duvet of the hotel bed. "This is different, guys. I think he might ask me out!" Samantha squealed, startling the Geordie within her grasp. "Samantha!" she gasped, holding her hand against her heart. The Jamaican girl giggled, sheepishly running her fingers along Charlie's cheek. "Sorry, sorry. It's just... We haven't seen you this happy since Kyle—"

"Yeah, until the bloke cheated on her!" Payton shouted, her arms crossed over her chest. Charlie's eyes fell to the bundle of eyeshadow palettes scattered across the vanity. "Yeah, but do you guys remember that?" Samantha questioned the other girls. "Remember having to go to her flat for rehearsals, only to find them cuddled up in bed or steamy in the shower?" Nat's nose wrinkled at the memories. "God, and the movie marathons. The two were sickening." Reminiscing on the past caused the grey haired girl's gut to clench with anxiety. "You guys aren't helping," she mumbled, letting her head fall against the wood. Her fingers were shaking against the table, up until the sound of her phone chimed from across the room. She screeched in fear, her brown eyes wide. "No!" she gasped, jumping from the swivel chair. "No, no, no, no, no..." Payton grabbed the small girl, holding her tightly. "Calm down, Poopey. Before you burst into tears," she told the girl.

The rest of the band sat watching, their eyes trained on the deep breathing woman, her cheeks puffed. Payton sighed as the girl shuddered. "Forget Kyle. This is Paul. The Paul that melts every time you smile, and literally listened to all of our songs in two days." She ran her palm over the girl's curls, watching them bounce back in place. "Its just Paul," Charlie whispered. Her whole body had gone cold once there was a knock on her hotel door. Charlie pushed Payton off with a nervous smile, pulling down her black dress. Nat had picked out her outfit, picking the little black dress she had worn on a night out with her mom, Norma. In tall, strapped heels, she moved toward the door slowly. In aggravation, Natalie ran up behind Charlie, shoving her toward the door. Outside, Paul was basically sweating up a storm, shaking in his very nice shoes. Millions of possibilities whirled around his head, possible mishaps and possible wins. His attention was grabbed when the small girl pulled open the hotel door, her doe like eyes wide as she took in his appearance. He was dressed in a dark dress shirt and slacks, his hair styled to absolute perfection.

The Geordie reached up, running her fingers through his hair. He chuckled at her actions, pulling her hand into his, immediately intertwining their fingers. "You look beautiful," he told her, watching her cheeks flush into a blush-y rose color. She smiled up at him, their moment ruined by the chorus of 'aww's erupting from behind them. "Keep her as long as you want, Pauly," Nat commented, smiling widely at the American actor. "Yeah! Take her home!" Payton cackled, both of the two's cheeks flushing darkly. "Payton!" Samantha shushed, slapping the girl's arm. Charlie didn't even say goodbye. She just closed the door on the girls, connecting her eyes with Paul's green gems staring down at her. "I am so sorry," she giggled, causing the male to join her in laughter. They were so comfortable with the other. It was like fate brought them together. She couldn't fight back the urge to wrap her arms around his neck, so she did. She hugged him so tight, loving the feeling of his arms squeezing around her torso. "Ready to go?" he asked softly, inhaling the sweet scent of her coconut shampoo. She nodded slightly, giving him one final squeeze before they pulled away from each other. "Alright." His smile was like a lighthouse, drawing her in the longer she stared lovingly at him.

────── {⋅. ♪ .⋅} ──────

                          The view of the water was phenomenal. The moon reflected against the water, and the stars twinkled above them like millions of fireflies. Paul and Charlie sat on a bench in the middle of a grassy park, sitting extremely close to the other, their hands barely touching. No words could suffice the bliss of the moment they were sharing, both pairs of eyes staring across the smooth waters, the cool night air whisking their hair away softly. Paul hummed softly, his fingers scooting closer to Charlotte's hand. Her brown eyes glanced at him through the corners, allowing her own fingers to curl around his. "Sing for me," he whispered, catching her attention fully. With a small, shocked scoff, she allowed her head to whip around and force their eyes to me. "Sing?" she repeated with a smile, watching as he nodded. His body turned in his spot, taking her hand fully into his own. "Sing a soft ballad. Maybe... Case Closed?" She stared at him, searching his eyes for any sign that his request was a joke.

"Are you sure?" she whispered, her eyebrows furrowed. His free hand rose to her cheek, his fingers grazing over her soft, tanned skin. He had never felt temptation so strong as the one he had to kiss her. "Yeah. Pick a song, any song." She dropped her eyes shyly, feeling him tuck her hair behind her ear. He waited for her. He didn't want to rush her. He didn't want to force her. But when she raised her eyes, locking them with his, he caught himself silently praying that she would let her voice bless his ears. She knew Case Closed was one of Paul's favorites. After hearing the meaning behind the song, she had found him in a blubbering mess, claiming that her friend didn't deserve it. And she didn't. "Hits when I'm asleep right through. I'm cold when I wake cause I won't feel you. When I can't breathe I know it's you. Got a lump in my throat just thinking of you." Her voice echoed in his ears, soothing him. She was an actual angel sitting in front of him, emitting light and joy upon him.

As she sang, she felt herself loosen up, her fingers tightening around his. But he found himself leaning toward her, eyes glued on her cherry colored lips. When their lips met, it was like a celestial explosion. Their minds were blown, colors falling behind their closed eyelids. His hands roamed her waist, one traveling up her smooth leg. She pulled away first, staring back at the actor who was very much stealing her heart. She found herself closer to him than before, a smile crossed her lips. "We should get out of here. I'm not a big fan of PDA," she giggled, watching his eyes crinkle with excitement, his smile bright. "Me either," he responded, standing up slowly. Within a flash, he lifted the small Geordie off the ground and tossed her over his shoulder. She squealed in protest, laughing loudly at his actions. "Pawel! No!" she whined playfully, slapping his back. He ignored her protests, carrying her from their peaceful spot on that bench to his car.