Chapter 6

He had to push himself for her sake. He got up slowly and shifted towards her. "Anika!" He whispered. The raindrops louder than his voice. She did not respond. His heart was in his mouth. He sat up straight beside her, holding her wrist. Her pulse seemed down. He couldn't say, confirmly. The cold wind and heavy drops were torturing his senses and body.

He placed his finger above her lips. Oh God! She wasn't breathing. Very slow ragged breaths were there. He gently touched her face calling out to her. Her skin was ice cold. "Anika!" He cried out helplessly. He had to do something. He looked around.  He quickly scooped her in his arms and carried her inside the shelter. He placed her on the floor. He did not know where that strength came from. He rubbed her palms. Maybe too much water got into her system. He made her face the side and pressed his hand against her chest. She coughed out water but was still unconscious. He repeated. 

Finally, when she had did not start breathing even after splurting out enough water he quickly bent his face over hers and gave her mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.  

Her chest finally rose sharply and she took in a deep audible breath. He sighed in relief. He needed help. Immediate help. Damn, his phone had slipped out when he was climbing up. Daksh's phone! He ran back under the open sky, Daksh lay their unconscious. He checked his pockets and got his phone out. He rushed back under the shelter. The phone wasn't functioning. Hell! 

He looked back at Anika. She was growing pale. She needed warmth. He looked at the door, a little distance away. He ran and tried the knob. It opened. He looked inside. There was no trace of a phone. It was a decent room with a bed with duvets and a small study table. It was like a hotel's room. He quickly carried her inside. He realised she was wet. Placing her on the wooden floor, he sprinted to the wardrobe. There were just two towels he pulled out both of them.

He kept tirelessly calling out to her. Maybe the drowning after the unconsciousness had severely affected her. He hoped Daksh hadn't used a strong anesthetic. He couldn't afford to let her slip into coma. "Anika wake up!" He cried as he dried her skin. She was still cold. Her skin was like ice. He remembered seeing a pair of man's clothes in that wardrobe. Without thinking twice he got the wet clothes off her and made her wear those loose ones. He carried her to bed and put both the duvets around her. "Anika!" He kept rubbing her palms. He then reached her feet. They were still colder than her hands. He rubbed them vigorously. His warm tears fell on her feet. He cried. 

He ran out he needed help. His eyes fell on Daksh. He couldn't let him stay like that. The rain was still hard. He tied up Daksh and the picked up his wet coat that had been forgotten during the struggle. He wore it and ran to the vessel's control room. It was more like a personal yatch. He looked at the controls clueless. He saw a beeping red light. He read what was written down, 'Unstable'. 

Damn

He looked around. There must be a way. The motor was on automatic mode. He saw a phone. He immediately tried calling, while pulling out drawers. He finally found something that looked like a guide. Flipping the pages he looked under emergency. He followed intructions and punched the buttons so that the signals went out to fetch help. The phone rang. He was been redirected to a caller machine. The machine instructed him and he did the needful for medical emergency. He had to wait for the rain to calm down to make a call. He looked around. He couldn't wait, Anika needed immediate help.