Chapter 26 ~ Spoils of War

AN: Here's the second chapter of the week guys~ Hope you enjoy it! Please look forward to the next one XD

"Le-Leon."

Leon continued dragging Lily even after they came out from the crowds. Lily saw a glimpse of his face and got worried. Although his face looked normal, she could feel the anger behind it. His eyes were cold, it was completely different from the eyes she knew and loved. It was as if he was a different person.

"Leon."

Leon stopped in his tracks after Lily's voice snapped him back to reality.

"I-I'm sorry for dragging you forcefully."

He managed to calm down, let go of her hands and lowered his head to her. Leon didn't know what came over him.

When he saw the hands of those filthy men about to touch her, he was overcome with rage. All he saw was red. He wasn't able to control his emotions anymore and did all that instinctively. It was the first time this ever happened in his whole life.

"I-It's fine Leon. More importantly, are you okay?"

"Yes... I'm fine now. Something went over me when those men almost did something to you. I'm sorry."

"Eh? Eh! It's fine! Or rather... Thank you very much for helping me."

Realising Leon's feeling, Lily thanked him with a smile on her flushed face. She had never seen Leon that upset before, which made her incredibly happy to know that Leon cared for her that deeply.

A few moments later, Mia and the rest finally met Leon and Lily.

"Geez, I thought we were going to meet after we escape the crowds but you continue to walk so quickly!"

"Oh, and what happened? They just froze suddenly. Though thanks to that we were able to escape."

"Let's just say some trash were about to cause problem and I merely dispose of it."

"Eh? When you say it with that face, it doesn't sound like a joke. You didn't kill them right?"

"No, unfortunately I managed to hold back."

"...Unfortunately? Well, I guess it's fine..."

Mia noticed Lily blushing all this time with a smile on her face.

"Let's go to the guild then."

They began walking towards the guild. Mia moved beside Lily and began walking beside her. She then whispered something to Lily.

"Tell me about it later okay?"

"Eh?! Uh-Uhm... Okay."

As Mia expected, it must had something to do with Leon and the situation before judging from her flushed face and fidgeting.

-------------------------------------------------------X------------------------------------------------------------

"So, first things first. Leon, I will be promoting you to rank B for now. I would like to promote you directly to rank A but I would need to talk to the other guild masters first about this. I've sent a letter to them requesting emergency meeting due to the sudden appearance of calamity class Behemoth."

"I understand if all of us would be promoted to rank B. However, why am I the only one promoted to rank A?"

"Of course all of you will be promoted to rank B too."

"Eh? Us too?"

"Of course. I've heard the details from Vyra. All of you have fought and survived a battle with a calamity class. Additionally, you could defeat an opponent that a rank B party had trouble dealing with. All of you have the ability of a rank B, so you should be a rank B adventurer."