Chapter 27 ~ A Bizarre Sight

Leon moved swiftly through the forest.

He leaped from tree to tree with incredible speed in a very casual manner. There were almost no difference as when he run on the ground. He was faster than Vyra. That wasn't because Vyra was less skilled than Leon. In fact, in terms of pure mobility, Vyra was faster than Leon. It was thanks to his stats that he could be faster.

Leon could have used <<Gate>> in order to travel between long distances, however he hadn't figure out its activation condition. Although Leon had several hypothesis, he didn't have anytime to test it out due to various problems like the behemoth appearing.

Also, he didn't want to attract unnecessary attention with <<Gate>> which could harm himself and his friends. He would need a stable standing or be backed by a powerful organization first before showing more of his power than he already did. Defeating the behemoth couldn't be help and he did predict that the guild would back him up.

With that thought, Leon arrived at the place where the behemoth's body laid which would take a day to reach in an hour.

Without any sign of fatigue, Leon brought out <<Misteltein>> and began searching for the magic stone by dissecting it. However, the behemoth was incredibly large and its naturally armored back was facing him. He couldn't simply try and cut it casually.

In his predicament, Leon thought of cutting the behemoth in four. It would help the dismemberment of the behemoth later and it would be easier for him to find the magic stone.

He took out <<Misteltein>> and took a stance and position himself beside the behemoth. Even if it is Leon, he would need to use a skill in order to cut through a monster this size in addition to its tough skin.

<<Skill: Heavenly Slash>>

A golden streak of light appeared at the arc in which Leon's sword traveled. It seemed as though nothing happened, but then the behemoth body began to separate into two halves. In addition, there was a fissure on the ground caused by Leon's skill. Though it wasn't as large as the fissure he created when using the same skill on the <<Storm Wolf>> which left a mark on the forest even until now. Mostly because the damage that would've been done to the ground was absorbed by the behemoth's body.

He then repeat the process two more times and cut the behemoth into four parts. After done doing so, Leon then put half of the behemoth into his inventory. He thought it would make it easier for him to find the magic stone if he could see the cross section of the behemoth.

Surely enough, he managed to find a five diameter large half sphere. He touched the magic stone and put it in his <<Inventory>>.

The sudden disappearance of the magic stone left a gaping hole of gore. Leon hurriedly put the other half of the behemoth into his <<Inventory>> and took out the other half. He then took the magic stone similarly to how he did it before and return the body back.

Now that he finished his task, he return back to Lingenia in a similar fashion to how he traveled here.

Although Leon could've jumped over the city wall which was about 20 meters in height, he decided to go through the city gate. He might get arrested by the city guards due to unlawful entry after all. However right after entering the gate, he immediately jump onto the roof of a building and began leaping from one roof to another.

In a few minutes, he reached the Adventurer's Guild and asked one of the guild staff if he could see the guild master. Normally, the guild staff would need to see identifications, however Leon was already well known that she immediately call the guild master.