Pool Day

Childhood means simplicity. Look at the world with the child's eye - it is very beautiful.

Kailash Satyarthi

xXx

Kagami sighed as she fanned herself with one of the souvenir fans that Kiyoko had brought home from Osaka, entering the kitchen and greeting her parents. Her hair, tied up in a ponytail today, still somehow stuck to the back of her neck. Her glasses felt sticky on the bridge of her nose and there was far too much sweat between her armpits, the back of her knees, and the insides of her elbows. It was about a week into summer vacation and she had done nothing but sweat during those seven days.

"What's wrong, Kagami?" Iwaizumi asked, sitting back in his chair. He was wearing a white singlet that hung on his frame slightly and tan shorts.

"It's so hot," Kagami complained, "can't we turn the air conditioning on?"

Iwaizumi chuckled. "Sorry, but no can do, kiddo. You know we only turn it on when it gets really hot."

Kagami gave him a puzzled look. "But it is really hot!"

"Do you think you're going to faint anytime soon?"

"Well, no—"

"Then you'll survive."

"Otou-saaan!" Kagami grumbled.

"Hajime, why don't we go down to the pool today?" Kiyoko suggested. She was nearly done with washing the dishes at the sink. "Kagami's right; it's stewing in here."

"Oh, can we?" Kagami looked to her father eagerly.

Iwaizumi hummed in thought. We haven't had a family outing in ages... and it is pretty stuffy in here. "Why not? The pool sounds pretty good." It would be nice to relax at the public pool with his wife and daughter. Sure, there would be noise, but that wouldn't make much of a difference—

Iwaizumi blinked when he saw Kiyoko take Kagami by the hand and lead her to the front door. "Where are you going?" he called after them.

"To invite Naachan to the pool," Kiyoko replied over her shoulder, smiling a tad deviously at her husband.

"And Sho-chan!" Kagami added, also grinning. "She loves swimming."

Iwaizumi sweatdropped. "Does that mean... Oikawa's coming too?" Spec-fucking-tacular.

"Most likely," Kiyoko said, "You know how much he loves spending time with us."

Right, Iwaizumi thought sardonically, though he didn't really mind Oikawa'a presence, he had been hoping that it would have been a day for just the three of them to enjoy.

xXx

"Kiyoko." Oikawa, wearing nothing but an unbuttoned Hawaiian print shirt that exposed his front and a pair of boardshorts, grinned at his best friend's wife. "How kind of you to invite us! I'm sure Iwa-chan is excited as I am, right?" He winked at Iwaizumi, who merely sighed and rolled his eyes.

"I'm jumping with joy over here," Iwaizumi said snidely. He was wearing something similar to Oikawa, except he had a white singlet underneath his outer garment.

"It wouldn't be as exciting without you and your family here," Kiyoko responded politely, smiling. "And Kagami always likes it when Sho-chan tags along."

Naoko, sunglasses on her head and wearing a tank top and shorts, turned to where the children were talking, Shouko throwing her arms up in the air in excitement as Kagami laughed. "It worries me a bit actually. How they're so co-dependent."