Part 2

Naori and Kakashi were escorting Makoto and Kotaro to another village. Naori glanced at Kotaro then looked down. Her mind was thinking about everything she heard from Kotaro that night.
"Naori," called Kakashi softly.
"Yes?" answered Naori as she looked up.
"Ee.. Makoto sama was calling you for three times," answered Kakashi as he walked beside Naori.
"Oh.. sorry. Makoto sama, do you need anything?" asked Naori.
"No, Naori san. I was just asking whether have you really recovered from your wound or not," replied Makoto as she smiled tenderly.
"I'm fine, Makoto sama. Don't worry about me," answered Naori.
"I am glad. If you need to take a rest, just tell us, okay?" asked Makoto.
Naori nodded then looked down again as they keep walking.

"Don't be so kind to them, honey," whispered Kotaro.
"Anata.. it's okay. Naori was wounded because she was saving you. I am glad you are fine. It was nothing compared to what Naori has done for us," answered Makoto softly.
"It was their duty anyway," replied Kotaro.
Naori glanced at them then looked down again sadly.
"Are you okay?" whispered Kakashi.
Naori nodded then keep walking beside  Kakashi.

They made a camp in the forest that night. Naori sat under tree after made sure all the trap were working when suddenly,
"Naori," called Kotaro, "can we talk?" asked Kotaro.
"Kotaro sama," answered Naori as she stood up.
"I need to talk with you," asked Kotaro as he walked into the forest.
Naori nodded then followed him.

Kotaro stopped after they were walking for some minutes.
"Don't you dare to say anything about us to Makoto," warned Kotaro.
Naori looked down avoiding Kotaro gaze.
"We are past, Naori. You are nothing for me now," added Kotaro.
Naori keep looking down as her hair covered her face.
"So, don't you ever show your face to me anymore after this mission is done. If..you can finish this mission," warned Kotaro as he step closer to Naori, "i know you were listening that night. I know you know about my plan. You still smell like tsubaki. And i know there is no tsubaki around the house. That's how i know you were there that night."
Naori's eyes widened.
"But.. don't you dare to tell about this to anyone. Moreover to that shinobi. Or... i will kill them both. Makoto and Kakashi. And i will make sure you are the one to be blamed. Well, you are a killer anyway," added Kotaro as he turned around.
Naori's breath becoming faster, "why? Why do you do this?"
"Fortune, Naori... fortune... what else? That rich samurai daughter.... she really believe i love her. Just like you," answered Kotaro as he chuckled.
Naori held her bokuto tight.
"Don't you dare to attack me, Naori. I am still your client that needed to be protected," added Kotaro as he smirked, "well, good night. I will return to my wife," Kotaro said as he walk away from Naori.
Naori stood still on her place as her tears cascaded.

The next day, Naori keep walking with head down as she was thinking about what Kotaro said.
"Naori san, how long will we arrive?" asked Makoto.
"Eh? Sorry, Makoto sama, can you repeat your question please?" asked Naori.
Makoto smiled tenderly, "you seem thinking about something. Ne..ne.. are you thinking about Kakashi san?" asked Makoto teasingly.
"Eh? Kakashi san? What..what do you mean, Makoto sama?" asked Naori as her eye widened.
Makoto chuckled seeing Naori's reaction, "i was just joking, Naori san. You seem thinking about something. Are you okay?" asked Makoto tenderly.
Naori glanced at Kotaro as Kotaro stared at her, "it's...it's nothing, Makoto sama. What did you ask to me just now?"
"I was asking how long we will arrive, Naori san," answered Makoto.
"We will arrive in two days, Makoto sama. We still need to stay another night in the forest. There will be a village after we walk for a day. So, tomorrow night you can stay in an inn. Is that okay, Makoto sama?" asked Naori.
Makoto smiled and nodded, "i don't mind that, Naori san. Kotaro kun is here with me. He will protect me. Right,Kotaro kun?" asked Makoto as she hugged Kotaro's arm.
"Sure, my love. I will protect you," answered Kotaro.
Naori stared at them then looked down sadly as she keep walking.