Chapter 2

The dog looks so normal, but that awful odor is not what a dog smells life. Well of course, dogs typically tend to play with trash. However, this scent is not what you expect from a dog dumping into the garbage bin. This smell is entirely different. As I glance back at this guy who called himself Aris, he looks stern.

  And for him to tell me my life is in danger and yet to tell me who is after me. I have no clue. When I notice his face, he looks disgusted as he looks at that Doberman.

  “Why are you looking like that?”

  “Because Caden, that is not a dog.”

  “Okay Aris, you never told me how you knew my name…” Wait a minute. If I’m not mistaken, a voice entered into my mind telling me to get away from this dog and that it was not a real dog. “It was you!”

  “I’m sorry?!”

  “You were the voice in my head.”

  “There’s no time for this. Come with me!”

  “Why?”

  The dog starts barking and then the barking starts changing into a low tone. I see the dog still barking and those eyes turning black. I begin to notice something coming from its mouth; I start walking closer.

  “Caden! Get back!”

  “No!”

  As I step closer the dog barks louder with its voice showing off a booming-like sound. I cover my ears as the dog’s barking is not any type of barking I have ever heard. As I kneel to the ground screeching in pain still covering my ears as the sound is like a piercing, nail scratching the chalkboard, I notice Aris not covering his ears, but can still feel the pain somewhat.

  “Why are you not covering your ears?!” I ask him.

  “Like I said, get back!” He answers.

  Looking back at the dog, its eyes start glowing and suddenly its skin shreds. The black and brown fur peels off its body and onto the ground as it suddenly fades into dust. I glance at the creature, and it is changing.

  “Caden, get back now!” Aris yells at me.

  I want to but as I see the creature changing; it becomes skinless showing more and more reddish black; its eyes still black, but looking at this thing I can see the ribs, but its teeth becomes sharper; and its claws growing like a talon. Then the dog-like monster starts running right to me.

  I look paralyzed not wanting to move, but then I can feel a wave of heat passing me by; and to my left a ball of fire just bypassed my face and it hits the creature right to its face. The creature falls to the ground, yet the fireball did not do anything.

  Aris suddenly runs to me to grab my shoulder and force me up. He looks disturbed, and I wonder why.

  “Listen…”

  “No you listen, I temporary blinded its eyes, yet it’s going to regain its sight.”

  “Meaning what?”

  “Meaning we half to go…now!” He starts running. “Come on!”

  Not wanting to be here to face whatever that thing is laying on the ground, I begin to run. As I try to chase up to Aris, I briefly turn back to try to see if that monster was coming after us. Weird. The thing just vanished.

  My mind is going nuts right now. I do not know what is going on. However, I don’t know why, but I need to understand what the thing was? Who is this Aris guy? And did he just throw that ball of fire?