Chapter 16

Grasping the ball of fire in my hand, the feeling of the blue flames circulates in my palm; while I feel the burning sensation rushing to my right arm to the bones and soon all throughout my body. Looking over the bathroom stall I had to stash myself into hoping no one saw me.

Got to get rid of this! As the thought immediately come into my mind, I half to devise a plan to get it away. Then I spot my focus onto the white toilet, questioning if this is the right place to get rid of; however, the burning of the fireball and feeling the sweat coming down my forehead, I cannot hold it anymore.

I open up the toilet seat to see the inside of the toilet with the clear, fluent toilet water. With absolutely no choice, I throw out my right arm where I dump the thing inside the toilet. Realizing this thing could explode, as soon as dump the fireball inside the toilet, I quickly open the stall door and lunge to the floor nearby the sinks the same time I hear a huge BOOM!

As I hit the floor, pieces of the toilet comes flying by while the toilet water burst out like a busted fire hydrant. I’m able to turn to see the geyser-like liquid peak up as the rest of the liquid is over the floor. I get up swiftly so I would not let my clothes get wet and then I glance at what is left of the toilet, seeing all the remains throughout the stall and some reaching to nearby adjacent stalls.

Suddenly, the restroom door startling to crack and then it opens all the way to where a classmate enters.

“Whoa!” He yells surprised. “What happened?”

“I have no clue; I tried to get in and then it just exploded.” I reply.

“Just explode?” He sounds confused.

“Yeah, strange isn’t.” I state.

“O…okay; I was heading here to use it until I heard a pop-like sound. I didn’t know it was this.” He says.

“I think you should get the janitor.” I say.

He staring at the remains and then listen to what I had to say; he shakes his head in agreement and heads out. Realizing the coast is clear for now, I glance back at the remains and thinking that great I did that. I then look back at my right hand understanding right after I threw that fireball, the burning stopped and the sweating stopped. My demonic side is trying to take control, but I know starting tomorrow things is going to be different. It will be a new day because with Mal’s training, I’m going to learn to control my demonic side before it controls me.

The janitor still is dumbstruck in how that toilet imploded itself. Principal Chassion is staring to get paranoid a bit because of how strange things have been happening around the school. Chassion began to question me. As he and the others argued nature vs. weird, I know how it exploded.

Liana reached me and asked what happened in the boy’s room because she heard rumor—proven to be true—that I was there. She wondered the same coincidence in how it happened. I tried to tell her that it probably was mere coincidence, but this whole year has been strange. Liana mentioned that “It’s usually New Orleans that supposed to have weird things happen, not Oakston.”

I try to tell her that Oakston maybe be a quiet town, but it is not normal. She pondered in how I say “not normal”, and try to question the reasoning behind that statement. I just had to respond—knowing what is not normal is actually about my life and not the entire town; it just that I do not want to mention anything about my “life” to her. I wanted to keep Mal’s words and promised him I will not mention my demonic side to anyone besides him, my mom, Desmond, and Oxley.

Liana looked at me waiting for that answer, and all I had to tell her was “Oakston isn’t perfect.” She sort of nodded back not even saying anything. Not wanting that to spark another separation between us, I started to think about ill grandmother, Mrs. Viola. I told her about her grandmother and wondered how she was doing.