Chapter 25: Distracting

Fionna's POV

The next day, Caz and I made our way for Marshall's house since I didn't see him yesterday. We knocked on his door and waited for an answer. Nothing. We tried again and still no one answered. "I can teleport." Caz suggested and I nodded. She disappeared in a flash and opened the door from inside. "Is he there?" I asked. She shook her head, "I don't think so."

We looked around for any clues or evidence that Marshall might have left but unfortunately, we got nothing.
Caz took out a device, "I'll call him." She pressed different buttons then held the phone next to her ear.
"Hello? Marshall?" She said to the phone. "Oh!! Um, yeah I'll tell her that." She then ended the call and shoved the device down her pocket.

"Was it Marshall?" I asked.
"Yep." She answered while nodding. "Well? What did he say??" Caz turned to me and sighed. "I think he's asking you out." The glob. What??
"Wha?" Caz dragged me out of Marsh's home and she flew away with me. Where's she taking me?!
"Caz, where're we going?" I shouted. She threw me into a building, making me bounce then onto a seat with a lady standing by the seat looking at me weirdly.

I smiled nervously then looked at my surroundings. Where am I?? There were ladies and some gents walking around cutting hair with scissors. Some guy whipping up the cream on an ice cream guy. I read the text off the wall, Lil Jim's.

Who's Jim? Caz finally came in and sat next to me. "Where am I?" I asked looking at her. "Where do you think?" She answered boringly. "Lil Jim's?" I answered unsure. "Duh."

A few seconds later I was tied up onto a chair and dozens of hairdressers and stylists or something came running down and did glob knows what to me.

It was five pm and they finally released me. Thank glob! I looked in the mirror and checked myself out. I'm not really good with detailing these things but all I can say is that I look pretty darn good. My hair was neat and...how did my eyelashes get so long?? And why was I getting dressed and stuff again?
"Caz, what's all this?" I turned around to Caz who was reading a magazine.

"Caz?" I asked again. She puts down the magazine and looks at me in the eye. Scary.... "I've already told you!" She cried throwing her arms up in the air. "I don't remember though!" I folded my arms and pouted like a stubborn child. "Just tell me once more? What did Marshall actually tell you?" Caz gave a light laugh. "He said, tell Fionna to get her ass here quickly!"
.

.

.

"CAZ! THAT COULDVE BEEN SOMETHING REALLY URGENT! AND HERE WE ARE AT LIL JIM'S NEATING OURSELVES UP AND SHIZ!" I yelled making everyone turn to us like we were crazy. "He's totally gonna propose." Caz smirked. I facepalmed after the sentence and sighed. "Just, where exactly is he, now?" Caz shrugged, "He's been waiting at your tree house-" Before she could finish I dashed off.

I passed candy citizens and smiled as I went. Crossed a few friends and finally I got to the tree house. Panting. I bet I looked like a huge tornado just came and I was in it. I entered the tree house and climbed on the ladder to get to the room that's right above me. "Marshall?" I called as I climbed.

I climbed some more until, "Boo!"
I lost balance and fell off the ladder ad landed on my bum. "Gah!!" I cried as I fell. "I'm gonna kill you." I mumbled getting up. He then appeared in front of me and our faces were close. Like close. As in really close. But not touching. "What's up with your face?" He asked, starting to float upside down.

Oh no, has my face gone red? I felt my cheeks burn at the thought. Agh! It's all cause of his face being too close!!
"Bunny, calm. I'm not talking about your sweet cheeks. I'm talking about the make up." He said in a bored tone. "Oh! Oh! Um, it was Caz's fault! And that reminds me, why'd you call me here?" I said.

He then floated the right way up again. "Before I could say anything else," Marshall wrapped his arm around my head until I was under his pit then used his free hand pull down his sleeve until he grabbed hold of it. When he got it he wiped his sleeve all over my face. "Marshall!!! What the biz?!!" I cried. It was so painful! He was rubbing his sleeve onto my face too hard.
"Your face was too distracting, and I won't be able to talk properly."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~