Mine

written by: hellocheeky

summary:

plot (8/10):Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the thriller genre, but I really had a good time reading it

plot (8/10):
Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the thriller genre, but I really had a good time reading it. The story is interesting and has a very strong, consistent plot (which is fairly impressive since it first began as a one shot). You can tell that everything from the characters to the storyline was all very fleshed out. There were a few clichés, which isn't always a bad thing and just something I felt I should point out. One complaint I have is that at times, I have difficulty following along with the story because of it getting a little complicated in the later chapters. Otherwise, it was a very enjoyable plot.

creativity (9/10):
So creativity is something that is always important to me when reading, so I was happy to find that there was tons of creative ideas in the plot. Without really spoiling anything, I was sure that this one character was going to be this certain way I thought he would be, but then it was completely different and I was shocked. I didn't expect some of the storyline to end up like it did, which was awesome because it was so creative for the thriller genre and I absolutely loved it.

spelling and grammar (6.5/10):
The spelling in the book is really good, and the grammar, as well. Although, the thing that really bothers me is that a majority of the sentences are worded weirdly, or the sentences are too short. In the description, it does say the book is being slightly edited, so rereading and double-checking the sentences in the book would help quite a bit.

overall review (23.5/30):
In conclusion, I would highly recommend this book. It's very well-written and thought out, and I can see why it won so many awards. Even if you don't like thriller, it's still a book that I urge you to read. It's a short read, consisting of nine chapters, a prologue, and an epilogue. I'm very happy with how the book is, and I'm interested in reading other books by this author.

~Strawberry 🍓