Chapter Twelve

I had spoken to my brother, Dorian, and after throwing a sulk, he had agreed to pretend to be hanging out as a group.

A frown marred the smoothness of Dorian's brow. "Phoebe's gonna think I'm leading her on..."

I sighed. It had been over two years since his true mate, Artemis, died and he hadn't moved on. In his eyes, no one compared to her. "Maybe ask her out as a friend or invite more people?" I wrinkled my nose in distaste; Phoebe had practically attached herself to my brother's hip.

"Selena, I know you want to get to know him but what's the point of sampling something you can't have?"

"I need to know if this goes beyond physical attraction..." I began to explain. "I don't want to have any regrets later on and wonder what could've been." The corners of my mouth quirked up, showing a small smile.

"Fine. I think he's in town for the next two weeks before he goes home. So, you have two weeks to get to know both of them" he purposely emphasised the word 'both'.

My smile faded, and my eyes narrowed at him. "Sure. Do me a favour and go make the arrangements with Dominic since you're going to go see him anyways." I had a feeling that Dominic was going to be busy all afternoon and I wouldn't have a chance to see him. Besides, I didn't want to be the one that father yelled at over inviting Dominic but not Adrian.

My eyes sparkled with mischief.

 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 

I had decided to head to the library to choose a book to read. After settling on a cliché romance novel, I decided to start walking out of the library. I was so engrossed in the book that I had collided into something and began falling. I cringed as my book hit the floor and I hoped that I didn't damage it.

Strong, muscular arms wrapped themselves around my waist, preventing me from falling. "Falling for me already?" He asked huskily.

I couldn't help but feel entranced by Dominic's gorgeous green eyes. My body melted in his touch. "Y-you can let go now..." He had no need to still be holding me.

Dominic ignored me. "Don't worry, beautiful, even my zipper falls for you." He had a smile so dazzling it could charm to knickers off a nun. I gulped as he brought one hand up to my face and began caressing my cheek, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. He leaned in and our lips were almost touching.

My heart began rapidly racing, I was certain he could feel it. I watched as his eyes locked on my lips and he leaned in, his lips touching mine.

The kiss was tentative at first; an experiment. It began slow, soft and comforting. I could feel fireworks shooting through my veins. The chemistry was undeniable. He deepened the kiss and it was passionate, fiery and demanding. All my senses went flying out the window and I couldn't think straight.