Creature/Aldebaran

"Creature" is the general term referring to celestial animals that originate from one of many ephemeral worlds. A myriad of Creatures exist, akin to the amount of stars in the sky. When a Creature is defeated, they return to the ethereal plane in which they emerged. While some Creatures can be domesticated as pets, there are rare cases in which they are detained and sold, becoming living weapons or kept alive in order to extract valuable resources.

A large, wolf-like Creature often referred to as a Canis appeared from the spatial distortion. The Canis appeared in a low stance with its front paws some distance apart. Its pure white fur glistened within the permeating sunlight, and its blood colored eyes pierced through the oblivious woman. Helen, ignorant of her impending doom simply smiled at Drac with her elegance. In the next instant, the Canis sunk its ravenous teeth into its prey. Helen's head was removed from her body in an instant, with her garnet blood spouting onto her tattered blue dress.

The snow-skinned corpse slowly fell onto the fallen leaves. A sapphire engraved golden brooch fell from Helen's bosom. A bull was engraved on the back, and drops of blood smudged the luminous jewel. Ignoring the Canis, Drac picked up the fallen jewelry. "Drac de Etamin," he told the brooch in his palm. Drac had experienced much loss in his young life, so he knew that it was futile to mourn the freshly deceased.

The Canis swallowed Helen's head. Hungry for more, its ravenous eyes looked towards the surrounding bandits. Anguished screams echoed as the Creature dug its sharp claws into them. The hunchbacked man was its first victim. He had tried to escape beneath the screams of his comrades, but his fear was caught inside of the Canis' snout. White teeth became covered in a dark crimson in an instant. The Canis finally took notice of Drac, who forced the brooch into his back pocket.

He and the Creature exchanged a brief eye contact that felt like hours. The Canis bared its ravenous fangs as it crouched down. Drac's chakram disappeared from their holsters, reappearing in his hands in the next instant. A deep growl echoed throughout the dim forest, carrying a fallen leaf through the battlefield. One of the bandit's iron shields floated behind Drac, signaling the start of the battle. The very earth rumbled with the Canis' sudden leap. A hollow trench was all that remained in its previous position. The flow of the battle would be determined within the next three seconds.

Their unflinching gazes remained lock until the very end. One. Drac threw his chakram towards the dense forest. The Canis slowly opened its mouth, slobbering as it flew towards its target. Two. The two were face to face. "Echo," Drac stated. A magical essence formed from Drac as his body slowly got consumed by white lightning bolts. The Creature attempted to chomp at a target that was no longer there. Drac had disappeared from his previous spot, his soles now sticking sideways to the iron shield with a strong magnetic force. Sparks flew from his unnaturally placed body. Three. Noticing that its target had disappeared, the Canis jumped upwards. Requiem and Retribution came back from ricocheting against the trees, gashing the white wolf's stomach and right paw. Unaffected by the instantaneous pain, the Creature's jaw nearly bit into Drac once again. Sensing the attack, Drac flipped from the floating shield. Neither of them aware that the white wolf had swallowed an apple sized grenade during the final exchange.

                                                                        *

An unknown pulse disturbed the labyrinth like forest known as Sirius Woods. Curious, a green hooded shadow flew across the treetops in search. The talk of bandits had reached towards Aldebaran. Hoping to gain catch a quick bounty, the green shadow scoured the entirety of the familiar in search of a lead. Desperate footsteps echoed amongst the trees, followed by dozens of other hoping to catch up. Noticing the direction in which they were headed, the green shadow changed direction.