Taurus - Origin

A passing cloud blotted out the azure sky over the empty coliseum. The ancient structure showed beauty even in its advanced age. Engravings in the marble depicted ancient gladiators that had survived gruesome battles against armored animals. Cracks acted as scars that grew alongside the aged surface. Large windows decorated the area above the stands, giving instantaneous death to anyone unfortunate enough to fall out of them. Four iron gates towered over anyone that would try to enter or exit the coliseum. Though rusted over time, the reddish brown complimented the marble shining in the sun. Small craters scattered throughout the arena, showing a new grace that contrasted the aged structure.

In the center of the ancient structure was a large minotaur silently waiting. Scars mixed in with the short black fur all over his body. His horns could easily pierce someone to death, and his hooves appeared to have the power to crack the very earth beneath him. A long red and white fabric covered his body from the waist down, giving his tail an opening so it could move freely. His broad upper body was naked, as if he didn't need any armor to defeat his opponents. In his left hand was a stainless silver halberd with a large blade. The creaking of rusted iron snapped him out of his trance. His piercing red eyes soon became locked onto the origin of the noise.

A young man in a malachite colored sweatshirt was thrown into the coliseum. Heavy chains followed behind him, and an iron collar lightly bruised parts of his neck. He had nearly suffocated to death by the guards' ignorance. Delta struggled for breath, gagging on whatever air he could intake. An aura of rage petrified the guards. The minotaur walked towards them, leaving his halberd buried in place. A long chain flowed from his left arm, connecting it to the silver axe. The minotaur knelt down in order to break Delta free from his chains. "Who was it that allowed this child to be dragged here in such a pitiful condition?" he threatened. The minotaur's voice was deep and held great pride. However the concern it showed for Delta was more prominent.

The guards stuttered as they attempted to blame one another. Impatient, the minotaur swung the chain on his wrist, removing the halberd from its resting position. The two guards were flung back into the marble walls, left alive to recount their mistakes. The silver halberd safely landed in the minotaur's hand afterwards. He laid his red eyes on Delta's miserable state, causing tragic memories to resurface.

*

Embers from a fading past illuminated the damp room. Shadows danced in mockery for the lone figure shivering in the corner. The chill of night seeped through the brick walls, contrasting the blistering heat of midday. A lone ray of pale moonlight penetrated through the iron bar window, revealing a man huddling in the corner. His burly figure gave the appearance of a gladiator, and his messy black hair grew down his chin. His name was Terrulous. He looked into the menacing darkness with hope filled eyes, for he had been promised freedom from the gruesome hell if he won five battles in a row. Terrulous was an unfortunate victim of circumstance. He apologized for bumping into a nobleman, but was immediately detained in front of his wife and daughter.

Never once did he forget their smiles as he barely survived four gruesome battles. He had persevered through malnourishment and scorn for three weeks, believing that his strength will once again reunite him with his family. Terrulous fought on for their sake, not caring how many corpses he would have to step over in order to reunite with them. His mind filled with the smile of his daughter, he fell into a deep slumber to prepare for his final battle.

The guards refused to hand Terrulous his meal for the morning, leaving him famished during the midday heat. Roasting even more than usual, the gladiator patiently waited for the guards to bring him to the arena. Without warning, two of them barged into Terrulous' cell. They forcefully chained a collar around his thick neck before dragging him into the arena. Struggling against the suffocating chain, his face grew pale as he wished to be inside of the coliseum already. He flailed against the marble, scratching his body up before his battle. It felt like an eternity before the guards threw him past the iron gate. The crowd jeered at the unprepared man forcefully dragged into the coliseum. Terrulous gagged on whatever air he could swallow, and the sun blinded his tear filled eyes as he attempted to look around. Not a single crack sullied the flawless marble, and the sun's blaze engraved itself into the pavement. It was obvious that this final battle was meant to end with his death. Not a single defensive armament could be found amongst the rusting blades and aged clubs.