Nowhere Boy--P.P

(Y/U/C) - Your university course (Even if you don't go to uni)

I would like to leave this city

This old town don't smell too pretty and

I can feel the warning signs running around my mind

And when I leave this island I'll book myself into a soul asylum

'Cause I can feel the warning signs running around my mind

You sat glaring with an empty gaze at the wall opposite your dorm bed. The paint was beginning to crack, showing the early signs of ageing. The once white, now off-white, coloured wall with mysterious stains shivered under your intense stare. With a huff, you launched yourself off the creaky bed and started pacing the length of your small twin bedroom. Your roommate was out at debate club, leaving you with your thoughts.

Sitting at the cluttered desk on your side of the room, you picked up a pen and started tapping it absentmindedly against the elm. The sound ricocheted around the walls, reminding you of the silence that encased you. You needed to get out.

Standing hastily, you rushed around your room. You gathered your scarf and a hat, prepping yourself to face the outside weather as though you were going to war. Tugging the beanie over your messy hair and ears, you sighed and looked in the mirror. Your drab clothes [thanks to your student budget] clung to your body oddly, and the wrinkles rivalled those of an elderly man. Huffing again, you left the claustrophobic room.

You smiled despite yourself, cheering up at the sight of snowflakes falling on the pavement. They scattered across the car park outside your building, contrasting the grey concrete perfectly. You hummed to yourself as you hopped of the last step enthusiastically, stopping when you bumped into a boy. A pretty boy.

His hair was littered with white, leaving damp patches in his already brown hair making it appear darker. It caused a shy smile to leave your lips. He'd clearly just stepped inside, judging by his shivering appearance. His coat was thin, and you guessed that it wasn't doing much to combat the cold. Your brows furrowed in friendly concern for the fortunate looking young man, who you judged to be around your own age.

"Hi" You said, smiling at his taken aback expression. You had just walked into him. "Sorry about bumping into you. I was just excited about the snow" Your cheeks turned rosy at the admission. He said nothing, so you carried on rambling. "I've never seen you around before? Do you live here?" He shook his head, then cleared his throat. Your heart fluttered.

"No. Umm, i'm here to visit my friend, MJ? Do you happen to know where she is. I got caught in the snow and, well, my coats not much of a coat and I had to duck in somewhere."

You perked up at the sound of your roommate. "You must be good friends with here if she lets you call her MJ." He tilted his head curiously. "She's my roommate, we both take (Y/U/C), so we decided to room together. I can show you up, she's not in right now but...you're welcome to wait up there." He nodded quickly, his hair shifting with the movement.

He dripped as he walked, leaving fat droplets of water as he went. You joked about Hansel and Gretel as you opened your door. "We have towels, if you want one. They're only hand towels so they're small, but they should be big enough to offer some use. Here" You grabbed one from the tiny sink by the door and handed it to him. He smiled gratefully, then proceeded to ruffle his hair and remove his coat and shoes. As he did, you spoke.

"Sorry about the mess. I would say it's not usually like this but, umm, well it's always like this. Especially with Michelle, you know what she's like." "Mmmm, you should see her bedroom back home, it doesn't even compare to this"