Chapter 2

One year later........

I stare at my reflection in the mirror. My once tan skin is now pale, my brown hair is now pitch black and straight, my light blue eyes is now dark blue almost black and my lips blood red. A red blood tear runs down my eyes as I remember that day.

I woke up with Lydia calling my name. My neck ached and my throat burnt. It was dark but I could see everything clearly and above me was Lydia. Her eyes were red and puffy. "Ann, Ann please wake up." "Lydia?," I crocked. Her head shot up and she pulled me into a hug. "Omg I thought you were dead, when I came you had no pulse and wh-" I curiously looked at her, her eyes were filled with fear. "Lydia what's- what's wrong," I asked. "Your eyes, they're r-red," she said backing off. Then I felt it. That burning in my throat was getting worse. I was hungry. Not hungry for food but blood. I felt her fear and it unusually made me fell satisfied. I could've hear her heart beat and I could see the flow of blood in her body. I slowly got off the ground like a predator stocking its prey. It was like I couldn't control myself....

"Ann!, get your ass down here or you'll be late for school! " My aunt yelled.
After the incident my mom sent me to live with my aunt. It was hard but I told her about my secret although I'm still not sure what I am. But we came to a conclusion that as long as I drink enough blood and I don't get angry I'll be safe. Sighing I take one last look at myself then went downstairs.
I slowly walked down the stairs where my aunt stood making something over the stove. Mumbling morning to her I took a sit on the stool. It didn't take long for the smell of fresh pancakes to drift near my nose. Aunt Ella set down the plate stacked up with pancakes in front of me and I immediately began to stuff my face. Literally. I didn't even when she sat down with a bowl of cereal. A cough had me to momentarily terminate my eating as I looked at her. She suddenly gasp before shaking her head. "What?" I ask looking at her confused. She dismissively shook her head. " Its nothing hun, I'm just not used to your eyes yet." She said. Sighing I bowed my head allowing my hair to cover my face.
The thing is from the time the incident happened I haven't been the same. I can no longer eat normal food like everyone else because it only upsets my stomach. Everything I eat must contain blood in order for it to digest. And yes I was eating 'blood flavored'  pancakes. And when ever I eat or drink or even smell blood my eyes become red.
I suddenly lost my appetite and pushed the plate away. Standing up I made my way to my room where I brushed my teeth, grabbed one of my bags and left.