08

I sat on the hard ground, my back pressed against the huge oak tree. My eyes focused on my muddy sneakers, they didn't resemble shoes anymore.

My father finally laid a hand on me after ruthlessly punching my mother in the stomach, I couldn't do anything, he was much stronger.

I smelled rain in the air as I closed my eyes, taking in the peaceful atmosphere of the park.

Until I sensed footsteps coming my way, I opened my eyes and noticed you. You stood before my very eyes in your signature leather jacket and a lit cigarette hanging from your lips.

You stared at my bleeding lip and the dark bruise forming on my neck.

What happened to you? ❞ you asked.

I shrugged, hiding my hands in the pockets of my oversized hoodie.

Nothing you need to worry about. ❞ I replied.

I guess you weren't satisfied with my answer as you took a few steps towards me, throwing the cigarette onto the ground you forced me to stand up and harshly tilted my chin upwards. You glared at the bruise on my neck.

Who did this to you?

Anger, I saw the anger reflected in your eyes, your fierce stare bore holes into my soul.

I pulled away from you, stepping back I let out a quiet yelp as I collided with the tree.

Why do you care? ❞ I scoffed.

In that instant, the spark in your eyes dissappeared even sooner than it appeared. I found myself staring at your back turned to me.

I don't. ❞ you spat as you walked away.