38

(Present time)

Minseo put the pen down and looked at the sheets of paper stacked in front of her. Her tears accidentally wet the last page, the goodbye letter that she saved for last.

She had finally spilled it all out into paper, the way she had been feeling for the past few months. It all started to go downhill ever since she first laid her eyes on Jung Hoseok, which is why the letters started from him.

She sloppily wiped the tears from her eyes with the sleeve of her dark sweather.

Her eyes darkened as she glared at the gun neatly placed on the desk. She shakely reached for it, fat tears streaming down her cheeks as her hand trembled.

''It's now or never, Minseo,'' She thought to herself as she placed her finger on the trigger, positioning the gun so it was aimed at her head.

All she needed was the courage to finally do it, she didn't want to live anymore. The boy she loved told her such cruel words, and yet she received a letter saying he loved her? What kind of bullshit is that? He clearly hates her. He clearly hates her. He clearly wants her dead.

Her mother, the person who raised her and shaped her to be the person she had become, left her all alone. Simply abandoned her own daughter. She never loved her, did she?

Her father, who taught her how to ride a bike at 8 and brutally bruise her skin at 18. What happened? When had he changed so much? He clearly didn't love her, did he ever love her at all?

Minseo let out a wail as the barrel of the gun rested against her head.

She saw her entire life flash in front of her in a single second.

This is it. This is the end.

In that second, her trembling finger pulled the trigger.