5] E P H I P H A N Y

There was a place

There was a place.
There was a time …
There, I stood … still unknowing
and everything seemed fine.

There was a time …There, I stood … still unknowingand everything seemed fine

Valerie couldn't believe what she was seeing, let alone that it was her.
Had she looked like this all along?

How had she never admired her facial structure, those hollowed cheeks and the way her short hair framed her angular face. She appreciated the way it hung sleekly to her shoulder. There was even a sort of shine to her eyes, something she'd never noticed there before. The exhaustion and dullness were absent, despite the dark bags hanging underneath.

Then, there was that strange glow to her porcelain complexion.

Valeria backed away from the glass to get a wider view of her body and even that seemed unusually pretty. She didn't realize she was holding her lanky frame differently.

She was quite tall for her age and that was something her mother never let her forget, causing her to develop the habit of walking a little hunched.

She closed her eyes and a warm feeling started washing over her. It felt a little unreal so she brought her hands up to her face, caressing her cheeks. How had she never felt this way about herself before?

"Umm...Val?" called out a cautious voice, breaking her out of the trance. "Are you okay?"

Valerie almost jumped, she had completely forgotten Stella and James Potter were right there with her.
But she didn't feel embarrassed at all, slightly irritated if anything.