Chapter 28

A/N:  Here is another chapter and I hope you enjoy it. 

Pha POV

I still can't believe what I just found out. My baby Yo is actually Beam's step-brother. One of the wealthiest people in the country. I already knew that Beam's step-father is one of the most powerful men in the country, but this is too much. Well, this isn't going to change how I see Yo or how I feel about Yo but I'm just surprised.

Since we were all headed back to Yo's dorm room, I wasn't going to have him riding in a different car. I wanted him to be sitting next to me so now we are in Beam's car with Forth driving while Yo and I are sitting in the back. Shane has Kit and Ming with him in his car.

Forth asks over his shoulder, "N'Yo, now that we aren't are your house and your dad isn't close, be honest. Are you happy that my baby Beam is your step-brother?"

Beam quickly turns in his seat to look at Yo while I pull him a little tighter against me. Yo smiles and happily replies, "Yes. I'm happy that my brother is P'Beam. Just think, someday P'Forth, you may be my brother-in-law."

Beam quickly scolds, "Hey, N'Yo! Aren't you moving us a little fast there? We haven't even been dating a month and you have already started to imply that Ai'Forth and I are going to be married. Let's just slow down and I'm going to enjoy dating first before I rush off to get married. Plus, I have a hard time believing in marriage after watching my mother go through that nasty divorce."

I hate it when Beam talks like this. Just because his mother has had a bad experience doesn't mean that he will have a bad marriage too. After watching Forth and Beam suffer for a year because Beam refused to admit that he likes Forth, I don't think Forth is going to let Beam get away from him that easily. I'm pretty sure that Forth will try to make Beam happy for the rest of his life.

I sternly say, "Ai'Beam, you need to get that silly idea out of your head that just because your mother had a failed marriage that everyone else will have one too. I don't plan on having my marriage fail when I get to that point and I don't think that Ai'Forth is planning on having a failed marriage either. I have to agree with my baby. I think that you and Ai'Forth will end up getting married someday. The two of you are very much in love with each other and Ai'Forth had to chase you for an entire year before you finally realized that you loved him too. So, stop letting one little thing taint your idea for everyone else, including yourself."

Forth quickly adds, "Baby, I think your mother is really happy now and I don't see her going through what she went through before. I know that you were hurt by her divorce but look on the bright side. Her first marriage brought you into this world and I would be lost without you here." Forth reaches over and gently grabs Beam's hand and pulls it up to his mouth. He then tenderly kisses the back of Beam's hand.

Yo softly giggles as he tries not to ruin the moment for Forth and Beam. When Forth finally let's go of Beam's hand, Yo softly adds, "My parents were extremely happy until mom passed away. Even when her illness was getting bad, my dad always smiled when he saw my mom. I know he was hurting just like I was to watch her slip away and there wasn't anything that he could do to stop it, but he was also so happy that he had another day with her."

Beam hesitantly says, "N'Yo, your dad told me a couple weeks ago that he is going to try and get your relationship back to where it was. Are you wanting that too?"

Yo looks a little concerned as he looks down at his hands in his lap. He softly mumbles, "I don't know. I don't want to ruin anything that he has now either, so what I want isn't important."