I Want to Tell You -Part 1- Paul

Chapter 4

It was eerily silent in the room, except for the humming of machines and steady flowing of liquid through tubes. As Paul stepped closer, he noticed George's pale body wrapped up in the thin sheets. He winced, the guitarist looked so frail. There was an open chair next to the bed, so Paul walked over and sat down.
Paul was unsure if he should make any sort of attempt to wake George up. He looked peaceful while he was asleep, but Paul was desperate to talk to him. Luckily, his inner battle was interrupted as he looked over to see George's eyes slowly fluttering open. "George..." Paul flashed a smile. "Hey Paul." George responded weakly. He took a deep breath."I-I just wanted to say a few things before- did they tell you about the surgery?" George let out a sigh and nodded his head, looking down and twiddling his thumbs. Paul frowned.
"George, you know you've always been like a little brother to me." He started. George frowned at the 'little' part but then gave in with a small smile. "We've known each other longer than all the rest of em'." He chuckled. "Remember when we met on the bus? You seemed so shy." George laughed, (more like heaved), slightly in return. "Ah, but I was jus' a cocky kid.." Paul was then silent, George turned his gaze slowly to him and frowned once more. Tears were now falling from Paul's eyes. "Y-yeah.. you were my cocky kid, Georgie." He sniffed. "Paul, don' cry. 'S okay. Remember Hamburg? When you guys all set me up..." He was cut off by Paul sniffing once more. After a few more moments, "I jus' don't know how I'm gonna live without you, George. Yer my oldest friend!"
"Paul-", George tried. "Have I been cruel to you?" He gazed at George with wide, tearful eyes. "Paul, no-". "God, I've been ignoring you haven't I? I'm always so busy writing and with John that I just ignore me other best mate. You didn't even have a freakin' song you wrote at the concert!" He exclaimed. "It's fine Paul..." "I'm so sorry George..." He was out of breath now. "It's okay Paul. It's really okay."
"Paul, if I make it or if I don't, I want you to know to keep shining. Keep your charm and your headstrong talent and keep your perfectionism. Other people might think 's annoying, but I think 's what makes yeh so great. Plus you write pretty damn good stuff, I wish I was as good of a writer as you..." More of that painful silence. Paul was on the verge of sobbing at this point, tears were running freely down his cheeks. He choked out a small sob and quickly excused himself, bursting out of the door.
George frowned. He wished they could talk more. "I'll miss yeh Paul.."