6

Corinne POV
I snap my eyes open after realizing that I had passed out the night before.. Or day.. To be honest, I have no clue when, the only thing I do know is I have to get back to the home for "troubled" teens before Ms. Black realizes I've been gone.
I slowly turn my head, and notice the doctor silently working on something, making it a little more difficult to leave unannounced.

I start scanning the area around me, trying not to make a sound, when I see a first aid kit on the table next to me. I slowly grab it with my right hand, spotting a front and back exit, being careful to calculate my next steps. I quickly throw the kit in the hallway towards the back exit, and lay back down, closing my eyes and listening for the doctor to check out the situation.

Once I'm sure he's out of the room, I hop off the table and make a run for the front entrance. I go to jump over the little gate separating the front room to the surgical room, but get thrown back into the wall behind me. It felt like there was a force field blocking me from escaping. Slightly panicking, lying on my back, I lift both legs and kick through the gate, hoping to get out as fast as possible. After the third kick, the door practically flys off it's hinges into the opposite wall. Wow, Corinne, you really need to skip leg day this week I think to myself as I hurriedly run out of the building, finally finding out that I was in a veterinarian's office. What? Do they think I'm a dog?

I shake the question from my mind as I quickly leave the area, not wanting to be stopped by the vet. I soon realize that I look like I've been through every level of hell, with my jeans and jacket torn, hair disheveled... Along with the copious amounts of blood and mud that I'm covered in. Although I really don't want to, I know I have to cut through the woods. For starters, the foster home is all the way across town, and secondly I look as if I was the lunatic doing the attacking. I let out a sigh, "I. Hate. Beacon Hills."
—————————————————————
After what feels like hours I finally see the back door to the house, and even the window that goes to my room. Knowing that I can't walk in looking like I do, I silently scale the house to my second floor window, using the gutter to lift myself up. "That.. Was actually way easier than I expected," I murmur to myself. Now, I am exceptionally fit, I had to be for fighting, and I wasn't expecting to be out of breath from climbing, but I did certainly expect for it to take longer, maybe even to fall on the way up. Yet, it was as easy as walking on flat ground.

I shake it off as I head to my bathroom that's connected to my room. Ms. Black thought that since I'm the oldest girl here I should have my own bathroom, especially because most kids here are pre-teens with mild behavioral issues, yet still get along great with each other. I had no objections.

After turning on the shower and stripping, I sigh as the hot water hits my body. This is also something I'm not used to. In my old apartment, we'd be lucky to get five minutes of hot water, let alone enough to have a complete shower, yet I got used to washing in the waters of Antarctica itself. Now though, I don't think I could go back.

As I'm showering, I realize.. There's not a single scratch on me! If it wasn't for the fact that I woke up covered in dirt and blood, as well as waking up in the veterinarians office, I would have thought it was all just one crazy dream. Yet, now, I have no clue what to think. I shake it off, since there is literally nothing I can do about it, and even if I could I wouldn't.. I mean, isn't that what someone would wish for after getting attacked? For all the wounds to magically disappear? "Oh my gosh.. I'm actually going crazy. Okay, I just need to stop thinking about it." I say to myself. I finally check my flip phone and see no texts or calls, but what I do see worries me, "OH CRAP, NO NO NO THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING!" I shout as I realize that school starts in 20 minutes. I thought it was still Sunday at the latest! I quickly towel dry my hair and leave it down, throwing on a new pair of underwear and a bra as I do so. I quickly hop into a pair of ripped at the knee black skinny jeans, having to do multiple small jumps to get my butt in. I throw on a white graphic tee, and run out of the room, grabbing my leather jacket on the way out along with my keys to the bike. I shout a quick goodbye to Ms. Black, and hop onto my bike, throwing my helmet on and speeding off.