9

Corinne POV
I have finally been able to ignore the emitter, although the constant ringing is still quite annoying, it's not painful anymore. It only took about three more times of me bashing my head against the post I'm tied to, to the point of passing out, for me to get to this point.
"Still working?" Melissa asks, as she see's Chris check the emitter.
"Trust me," I groan, "it's still working."
"Yeah, but not for much longer," Chris adds.
"Thank God," I mutter.
"Anyone else feeling an unbearable itch they can't scratch?" Melissa asks.
"Well, not before you said something, but now, yes, I do," Noah answers.
They laugh until they see my face staring blankly at a wall, mostly just thinking. When I notice they're staring, I continue staring at the cellar wall, but ask, "Not to be a downer, but uh-do you guys think she's actually gonna come down here, and slash all of our throats?" I ask, gulping down after I get the words out.
I finally turn to look at them, as Sher answered, "Nah, she'll come down here and strangle us with a garrote, and then slash our throats."
Suddenly, we hear a noise above us, cluttering the wooden boards above our head. "It's just the wind," Argent says.
Dirt suddenly comes falling through the cracks above our head, accompanied by the shaking caused from the strong winds.

The ground above us keeps crumbling, from the strong wind that I doubt is natural, "I don't think the roof is going to hold!" I shout as multiple larger rocks keep falling from above us.
"We have to do something," Melissa adds.
"Howl.." Argent mutters. "Corinne, I need you to howl, you're a wolf, okay, Scott and the others will be able to hear you from miles and track us."
"Howl?! You think if I knew how to do that I wouldn't have done it by now? I'm kinda new to this whole wolf thing if you haven't noticed!" I say exasperated.
"You-you just have to try, alright kid," Noah adds.
"You do it by calling to your alpha," Argent explains.
"The guy who bit me is dead! I don't have an alpha! The only other werewolf I know is Scott and Cora, and last time I checked they were both betas," I add in.
"Look, just try, it should come naturally," Argent says. I look at him for a second, before more chunks of rock start to fall again.
I look up again, then look down, closing my eyes. I open them and yell out, sounding more like a dying animal than a wolf howling, "How was that?" I ask. I look around the room to see faces full of disbelief, some even cringing that I thought that would pass as a "call to an alpha".
"Alright, overall consensus, not good. Got it," I add. I sigh and try and focus. The emitter had died, the only noise around me I could hear was the wind and loose debris falling. I close my eyes, and open them once again, red filling my vision. I go to howl again, but instead of a screech like last time, it was a roar, shaking the ground we were on, probably heard through the whole town. I take a deep breath before looking back at the other three, to see bewildered looks on them all. I set a cheeky grin on my face and raise my eyebrows, "How's that for a 'call to an alpha'?"
They went to reply but I shushed them, "hold on, I think someone's coming."
Leaves and dirt start falling into the cellar quicker, right as two teenagers I don't recognize come through the cellar doors. Argent immediately gets a relieved look on his face, seeing who I'm guessing is Allison, his daughter. Allison and the curly haired boy start to untie Argent and Melissa, Allison immediately going over to untie Sher after her father.
The curly haired boy goes to untie me next, "I don't think we've had the pleasure of meeting," I say, "I'm Corinne."
"Issac," he replies.
"Hmm, my hero," I say, mostly looking for a reaction. I add a cheeky grin on my face when I see him smirk at me, but quickly drop it once I look up to see the roof falling down in bigger chunks.
"Hurry!" Issac shouts to all of us, as we all scramble to get to the stairs, only for them to collapse and block our exit. I frantically look around for another way out, hoping that the fallen debris could maybe work in our favor in one spot, but find nothing.

Suddenly, the concrete above us starts cracking, "Look out!" Argent shouts. The chunk that's falling is right above Issac and I, he looks almost frozen in place, so I quickly grab him and throw us to the other side of the room, along side the four others. The wooden support beam starts cracking, making me quickly get up to test my new werewolf strength. Issac quickly catches on and helps me hold it up, both of our eyes starting to glow from the strength we have to use.
We both fall to our knees, still holding the beam above our heads. "Is it me, or is this place getting smaller?" Issac grunts out.
"No, no I think it's getting smaller," I say in between pants. Everyone is now trying to help keep the place up. "You guys, you guys gotta get out while you still can, help each other out of the cellar, I'll hold it for as long as possible," I say, panting.
"You're not going to be able to hold it by yourself, it's already collapsing with the help of all of us!" Allison exclaims.
"Go!" I roar out, lifting the beam a little higher than before. Noah and Melissa seam hesitant to leave, but Argent starts to grab Allison, pushing her towards the exit. I mean, if I had a kid, I would do the same thing, I don't see it as selfish or anything. The way I see it, it's a win win. Chris and his daughter will be safe, and that bitch that everyone likes to call Jennifer won't get her third sacrifice. Nothing matters when you're as spiteful as I am towards her.
Before anyone could make another move, someone jumps down and places a metal bad under the beam, stopping the ceiling from collapsing.
"I always said aluminum was better than wood," Sher points out to who I can now see is Stiles.
They hug it out real quick until I notice debris is still falling over us, just at a slower rate. I was about to tell everyone that we have to go, like right now, but suddenly, the storm stopped.
"Is it over?" Allison asks in disbelief. Everyone adds in some relief filled chuckles, the dads hugging their kids again.
Stiles phone starts buzzing, "Scott?" he asks. After a second he says, "Yeah, we're okay, we're all okay. How about you, you okay? You uh-think you can come get us? Great, okay, um, uh, bring a ladder," he adds, making the rest of us smile and laugh a little.
Not even ten minutes later, Scott pops his head down, giving a relieved smile once he see's that everyone is alright. We all hesitate to see who's going up the ladder first, I finally sigh and nudge Melissa, "go see your son!" I say, smiling brightly at her when she hurries and rushes up the steps. When I finally get up, I see a familiar face, along with an unfamiliar one.
I instantly squeal, something that is very out of character for me, and rush towards her, "Cora!! You're alive!" I scream as I jump on her and hug her, practically squeezing the life out of her with my legs. After, a great amount of hesitation, she hugs back, awkwardly patting my back. According to Stiles, it's a Hale thing.
I finally jump off of her, and grab her by the shoulders looking at her for a moment, smiling brightly. I hear a throat clear, and look over to the guy next to her, whose looking in between the two of us confused.
I extend my hand, "Corinne Day, self proclaimed best friend of Cora." Still smiling brightly, I glance at Cora to see an unamused look on her face, her expression basically screaming, "no, no I'm not your friend". I drop my hand and sigh, turning to face her, I raise my hands up only for them to slap the sides of my legs, "Ah come on, pleas-"
"No," she instantly replies.
"Oh come on! I mean remember when I totally had your back when that little alpha shit was attacking you and I hit him with that one-two," I say, throwing some air punches as I say the last part of my sentence. She rolls her eyes and sighs, she looks in between the new guy and me, then reluctantly opens her arms. I squeal once again as I attack her in a hug, having my first actual friend was kinda a big deal.
I finally separate from her, and look towards the man again, silently asking who he is, "Derek," he replies.
"Oh so, you're-you're the alpha, so uh, you by any chance need a new beta?" I ask hopefully.
He sighs as he closes his eyes, reopening them to show me blue orbs. "I lost my alpha status when I saved uh-" he hesitates before finishing, "your best friend.. Either way though, a warrior doesn't need a pack, you can't become a beta or an omega, or even an alpha. Normally warriors join packs to fight with them, protect them, being an equal with the alpha," he explains.
"Oh.. Well if you ever need any protecting," I point my fingers at him, doing the "finger guns" motion, "I'm ya girl," I say, cracking a smile. He gives a little nod, and I look over at the parents reuniting with their kids, along with Issac who's just kind of there. I smile softly, wanting to have something like that one day. "Well uh, I'm gonna get home, my foster mom has probably been going crazy the last few days, so hopefully Sher will use his connections to get me out of that mess," I crack a smile, "It was nice meeting you Derek, and uh-Cora, I'm really glad you're still alive," I say, as I watch a small smile grow on their faces, but it quickly disappears. Hales.

I turn to walk out of the woods, and hopefully try and use my werewolf senses to get home, but quickly stop as I hear Stiles, "Hey! Corinne!" he shouts, I turn to look at him, letting out a small smile when I see him still mid hug with his dad, "Where are you going, come here!" My smile grows as they both open their arms to me, making me run up to them and nearly break their bones with the amount of force I used in the hug.
I sigh into the hug, and pull back after a minute. I look to Stiles as I say, "Ya know, without you we would've been goners. You totally kicked ass tonight," which caused him to smile brightly and pull me into another hug.
When I am released from the hug I turn to the Sheriff, "Hey Sher, you think you can pull a few strings with my foster mom tomorrow, make sure she doesn't put me on house arrest for not making it home the past few days?" I ask with a crooked smile.
He breathes out a laugh and puts his arms around mine and Stiles shoulders, "I think I can pull a few strings," he replies.
—————————————————————
Well, it's the Monday after the whole "held captive underground" situation. I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty upset that the "alpha of all alphas" was the one to off Jennifer, instead of me, but I digress. I'm making my way through school. I smile as I see Lydia and her boyfriend, Aiden together. Even if I still dislike him very, very much for hurting my best friend, I'm happy that Lydia is happy. I continue walking to my locker and wave to Allison and Issac, getting waves and smiles in return. I finally make it to my locker, throwing my helmet and backpack in there.
I'm not going to lie, it totally sucks that Cora is going back to South America, but she finally agreed that we can text and call each other, and even Skype each other if I'm ever at Stiles' house using his computer.
After closing up my locker, I turn to see Scott and Stiles walking through the hallway, both of them instantly grinning when they notice me. They wave me over, throwing both their arms over my shoulders once I start to walk in between them, all of us sighing in relief that our problems are over.

—————————————————————

Word Count: 2170
A/N: End of season 3a! Let me know what ya think! I was gonna make my character be a "Hale type", ya know, broody, pouty, but I decided that 1) that's hard and lowkey boring to write and 2) I want my character to be more of a happy go lucky type that nobody could hate, ya know?