Make Use of the Number!

This is Brayden! Not too shabby. 

___________________________________________________

"Fuck." It's all I could say. What was I supposed to say? Haha, nope not really a virgin! Or That's just a thing we say to each other, you know? Like a handshake!

"You're all good," He laughed, "How you been, Tristan?"

Brayden had on a hot Pink Floyd T-shirt and jeans. His blond hair was smashed to the left, and some of it rebelliously stuck up where he had probably been running his hand through it. Speaking of those hands! They were tan and calloused. Brayden Carr was the blue-eyed, fanfiction boy every closeted gay cried to late at night. Here he was, the closeted gay of all closeted gays, probably the only other one who endured Mendel High, and all I could spout out was; "Not dying."

"I'm glad," He laughed, taking a step closer. Bye, bye, personal space. "The music's loud!" He spoke.

"It's not too bad," I replied, taking a sit out of my Solo cup. I could practically feel the shaking of my nervous hands vibrating the cup.

"You come to these things often?" He questioned. How was he so collected? Putin riding in on a donkey wouldn't shake me as much as his mere presence -a foot away.

"Sometimes. Adam and Zoe drag me here," I quickly answered. Take a chill pill, Tristan. Or overdose on the bottle.

"How is Adam? Could you thank him for me, I aced my history final last semester," Did I sense sarcasm? Was he serious? Why is this so hard?

"Yeah. He's good. Sure? I knew you would." Why? What was so hard about saying 'yes'? I'm going to be a virgin forever. I knew you would. Only stalkers say shit like that! I knew you would. I tried to cover up before he could catch me, but Brayden simply laughed.

"Calm down! I'm glad I found you tonight!" He smiled. It was warming. Shut up, Tristian. Brayden leaned against the doorway where I had previously knelt. His grin turned sheepish and he ran his right hand through his dirty blond hair. He continued, "I wish I could've gotten your number last year, I haven't seen you at all these past few weeks! Maybe we could get something to eat some time?" His voice grew a bit sheepish. Was Brayden asking me out on a date? I sure as hell hope so.

Instinctively I looked around for Gavin and his loons, nervous someone may have heard over the music. "Gavin's already drunk in the front yard, it's amazing what a few Buzz-Balls can do to a lightweight. Who woulda guessed!"

Had he seen me look? Had I offended him?

"Don't worry about him, the only reason I haven't tracked you down at school is because of that asshat. Why should we worry about him here, you know?" His voice was achingly calm, and before he could add onto his Earth-shattering statements, he took a long sip from a red Solo cup.

I seized my opportunity, "You're right! Can I have your phone?"

His eyes widened. Brayden Carr. Undercover gay dude by night, ladies man by day, was surprised by something I'd said. That was a feeling! He reached into his pocket and pulled out a black iPhone 8. I quietly laughed to myself, a) he was obviously flustered and b) at least he's not an android user.

After unlocking it he handed it to me and smiled. Even with my heart managing to beat 1000 miles per minute, I added myself as a contact and handed the phone back.

"Make good use of that number, will you?" I found the courage to tease.

Brayden only smiled wider, "You're cute when you're sarcastic!"

There was a definite blush on my cheeks, "You want me to refill your drink?" I asked, holding out my hand for his cup.

He smiled, "That'd be great!" Brayden reached out and our eyes met, I felt his calloused hand scrape mine as he handed me the cup. Definitely blushing!

I turned around cheekily and walked back into the kitchen from the terrace. By the time I'd returned with the drinks, he had dragged two chairs out onto the terrace for us to sit. They were the crappy white chairs that you'd find at community pools. I tapped his shoulder and held out the cup, "Thanks," he smiled as his eyes gestured to the pool chair he wasn't occupying.

"Not much, tutoring after school still," I replied.

"Okay, I've gotta ask" He looked at me playfully, "What's up with the whole hooking up with the kids in the library thing?"

I laughed, "So here's the thing..."

_

Author's Note: I'm not just  poking fun at Android users, it's actually relevant to the future plot :) Love you all and please comment, it would actually mean the world to me. I'll literally consider ANY suggestions for the plot.